Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Accounts Reset - 5 Reasons Why It is Needed!

MetaMortred

I dont want my s@(% reset because of this OP guy and any of the others that want to complain about their dissatisfaction being a high level if you find it that bad re role a new toon or take the mods out so you dont feel op respec your frame and spend half the points make it a challage of your own time you zealous grinders..

I hope they reset just to &!$$ you off.

That was simply an example of people using that behavior already, even in missions where everyone is the same level. But when you add new players in to the mix with high level players knowing theres a ton of new players, unless they add some kind of auto-scaling of levels so that level 30s aren't one shotting everything on Mercury, its going to make the game less fun for new players. Whether these higher level players are intentionally griefing or mistakenly think they are helping, there will be people doing it. What fun is it to wander through an empty ship where someone else has already killed everything ahead of you?

It is incredibly unrealistic to figure that new players flooding the game will be interrupted by older players at all.

First of all, the sheer quantity of new people vs. the amount of us? The new areas will be flooded with players getting into the groove. Older players would not be able to have a significant negative effect. Plus, who the hell would was time running mercury if they are already decked out in a level 30 frame?

Come on. Be realistic.

It is incredibly unrealistic to figure that new players flooding the game will be interrupted by older players at all.

First of all, the sheer quantity of new people vs. the amount of us? The new areas will be flooded with players getting into the groove. Older players would not be able to have a significant negative effect. Plus, who the hell would was time running mercury if they are already decked out in a level 30 frame?

Come on. Be realistic.

People that have already cleared every mission and are simply bored and want to screw with other people. I think you are being far too generous in the amount of goodwill and 'playing by the rules' of the average online gamer, especially one without any new content that is a challenge for them. I am being realistic.

People that have already cleared every mission and are simply bored and want to screw with other people. I think you are being far too generous in the amount of goodwill and 'playing by the rules' of the average online gamer, especially one without any new content that is a challenge for them. I am being realistic.

The very small amount of players who would decide to try to resort to trolling are not reason to shaft a large majority of the players who would be against losing the progress they've worked for. I'm sorry but 'People might be mean' is not a good reason for a big wipe. If people are going to be disruptive their rank hardly matters. There are better ways to troll then to help new players clear starter missions rapidly and there are already things in place to prevent it from totally screwing a new guy over.

What if I resorted to a lazy argument like that? What if I resorted to telling you "But people might quit!!"

That is equally lazy reasoning.

Besides

You know who else might troll? New players. In fact it is likely that more new players will resort to trolling others then it is likely older players would disrupt the new guys. Why? Because of the fact that there will be significantly more and, unlike us Beta guys, they wouldn't need to care for losing anything on a ban.

You are still being unrealistic. The situation you are speaking of would be very, very small. Whats more, you are playing it up as more serious then it is.

Edited by Blatantfool

This is a response typical of most angry 8 year olds. Stop embarassing yourself.

You need to lighen up dude. I only said it cause the guy obviously can't see that there are situations where a wipe would do the game good. All he's doing is putting his self ahead of the games future.

You need to lighen up dude. I only said it cause the guy obviously can't see that there are situations where a wipe would do the game good. All he's doing is putting his self ahead of the games future.

Thats the problem, most people arguing against a wipe are arguing from that standpoint, and its not healthy for the game. There are reasons every other progression based online game wipes at the end of beta, many of which have been posted by plenty of people on these boards, but we get shut out by hordes of people yelling 'I don't want to lose my stuff', and then we get accused of just trying to screw them over, but your post wasn't helping matters there.

Edited by eelektrik

Acting stupid to make someone else feel stupid only ends with you acting stupid. You shouldn't do that.

Thats the problem, most people arguing against a wipe are arguing from that standpoint, and its not healthy for the game. There are reasons every other progression based online game wipes at the end of beta, many of which have been posted by plenty of people on these boards, but we get shut out by hordes of people yelling 'I don't want to lose my stuff'.

Either argue your case properly or give up.

There is an appropriate situation for a wipe and then there is an inappropriate situation for a wipe.

If ever there was a situation where an update would cause a massive change in player progression and they needed us to test the waters then it'd be wholly appropriate. That is why we play. We are the tester. The guinea pigs.

However your entire argument to this point has been on the train of thought that ANY portion of the playerbase that has reached a high point in progression would choose to waste time and risk punishment for the sake of trolling new guys.

If the best you can argue is 'People might be mean' then you do not have a sufficient reason to restart this many players progression from scratch in a game that asks this much time and effort to progress.

Edited by Blatantfool

Acting stupid to make someone else feel stupid only ends with you acting stupid. You shouldn't do that.

lol dude whatever. Just don't go crying if they do wipe at the end of closed beta.

Either argue your case properly or give up.

There is an appropriate situation for a wipe and then there is an inappropriate situation for a wipe.

If ever there was a situation where an update would cause a massive change in player progression and they needed us to test the waters then it'd be wholly appropriate. That is why we play. We are the tester. The guinea pigs.

However your entire argument to this point has been on the train of thought that ANY portion of the playerbase that has reached a high point in progression would choose to waste time and risk punishment for the sake of trolling new guys.

I like how you ignore the entire argument about how the economy would be screwed up if there isn't a wipe.

Edited by Telzen

Only because everyone seems to be arguing that point and jumping down my throat about it, rather than argue the larger issue of the games economy, which if not handled with due respect will cause far worse problems.

This game has no economy. There is no trading of credits. My money doesn't matter to your money nor does yours to mine.

You could be nearly broke or have a massive fortune. It doesn't make a significant difference unless you start talking amassing huge quantities of consumables - which coincidentally can serve to help a team significantly.

The reason credits pile so high is lack of a good gold sink. They should introduce one and then cut player credits by a large percentage. There. I fixed it.

Edited by Blatantfool

This game has no economy. There is no trading of credits.

You could be nearly broke or have a massive fortune. It doesn't make a significant difference unless you start talking amassing huge quantities of consumables - which coincidentally can serve to help a team significantly.

The reason credits pile so high is lack of a good gold sink. They should introduce one and then cut player credits by a large percentage. There. I fixed it.

And if the game goes in to open beta without trading and a working economy. Then it is simply unfinished. Any persistent online game, players are going to expect to be able to trade. It has loot and no trading? That makes zero sense.

The amount of influence high level CBT players are going to have in places like Mercury when the game goes into OBT is most likely going to be miniscule at best. The user base will most likely explode exponentially when access isn't limited to acquiring a key. Also the starter weapons pretty much destroy Mercury up until maybe when you face check the boss. Another thing is its not really a constantly running active world like an MMORPG where people can monopolize farms or enemy locations. Each game on a given mission is effectively instanced and completely seperate from eachother.

Yes there will probably be high level players that go back and rush groups through missions to help rapidly open up locations for newbies or doing boss runs for people to help them get prints for the frame they want. This is typical MMO stuff anyway of basically powering people though quest chains and boss battles.

And if the game goes in to open beta without trading and a working economy. Then it is simply unfinished. Any persistent online game, players are going to expect to be able to trade. It has loot and no trading? That makes zero sense.

What could you possible want to trade for? Tenno? Weaponry?

First off, Tenno are also handled via Plat. Should they really be letting players just pile up credits and skip out on both the crafting times/gathering AND having to pay?

Second, Weapon trading would be fairly limited. Only the BP Weapons people have a pain getting ahold of would ever see trade.

Past that what? Mods? Why? Why bother trading mods? Just go run Pluto into the ground and drown in them.

I've heard other people mention this. I'm not sold on it. There isn't really enough reason.

If you want to talk about something like trying to tone down the amounts of money players are nailing down then we shouldn't be talking about a wipe, we should be talking about possible suggestion for a Gold sink. The game lacks one and clearly you think it needs it. In fact, I would agree. It does. You get credits at a healthy rate but lack outlets for them once you've got your favorite picking of all the gear. It would be extremely constructive to discuss how to solve this problem.

Edited by Blatantfool

Some people don't want to run Pluto into the ground for a chance at getting a specific mod, that ends up dropping for the wrong weapon.

Now either;

A: They can feel like they just wasted hours

or

B: They will be happy that they found something worthy of trading for the mod that they really wanted

Some people don't want to run Pluto into the ground for a chance at getting a specific mod, that ends up dropping for the wrong weapon.

Now either;

A: They can feel like they just wasted hours

or

B: They will be happy that they found something worthy of trading for the mod that they really wanted

The odds of that are low. Players will naturally keep notable mods to themselves. Why would someone give up something crazy, right?

I've got a buddy who really lucked out. Got a 98.5% Multishot for his Bronco. Cool stuff. That one was particularly good.

With it he also got a whole array of pretty imposing mods. Working for the effect he wanted snagged him so much more. You just rip yourself off not actually going and working for the items or mods you want.

I'm not particularly against it, but I don't see the point. You should be playing for that stuff. While you do you snag plenty really good ones that don't have exactly what you where looking for. And trading things like BPs would be a trainwreck almost assuredly. I can already imagine people trying to weasel each other out of Catalyst and Reactor prints.

I dunno. It doesn't fit the game. Not yet at least. Maybe with more content.

Anyway, like I said. If the kind of money people make is the reason you want a wipe then you have your priorities wrong. You should be working to suggest viable Gold Sinks.

Add a rare mod that adds bonus damage to your attacks but eats money on each attack. :P Cash sink acquired. Those people spamming their Gorgon and Afuris everywhere will be broke in minutes. lol

I think they ought to add a way to turn three bad mods into a different mod for a fee.

Turn three white to a green. Three greens to a blue. All you need are trash mods to morph and credits.

Got a Blue with a bad effect? Pop it in and spend to Morph it. Roll for a better effect.

Those three awful electric damage white could very well turn into a melee speed green. Three reload speed green might become and excellent multishot blue.

It'd be useful to the player in quite a few different ways AND it would be something people could constantly spend on.

Edited by Blatantfool

I think they ought to add a way to turn three bad mods into a different mod for a fee.

Turn three white to a green. Three greens to a blue. All you need are trash mods to morph and credits.

Got a Blue with a bad effect? Pop it in and spend to Morph it. Roll for a better effect.

Those three awful electric damage white could very well turn into a melee speed green. Three reload speed green might become and excellent multishot blue.

It'd be useful to the player in quite a few different ways AND it would be something people could constantly spend on.

I think the easiest way for them to implement something like that would be new blueprints placed on the equipment tab with the consumables. Though I think I'd still add atleast a small bake time on it of like 30-60 minutes or so just to build up that anticipation of "OK what did I get?"

I think the easiest way for them to implement something like that would be new blueprints placed on the equipment tab with the consumables. Though I think I'd still add atleast a small bake time on it of like 30-60 minutes or so just to build up that anticipation of "OK what did I get?"

I'd lean more in favor of 20 minutes. It is just a mod. Even 30 minutes is a bit of a stretch to get a mod out of the microwave.

Also, since it is a money sink, you kinda want it to be something a player can just repeat. Bleed away the money rolling to give mods the optimal effect for their needs.

In fact, oddly enough, this fixes the pluto point you brought up to me in defense of trading.

Edited by Blatantfool

This game definitely needs a wipe somewhere down the line because the current economy is FUBAR and no amount of gold sinks can fix it. I currently have 37 full pages of mods, adding up to a total of 592. Many of these mods are worth 3000+ credits, so you can start imagining the ridiculous amount of money I can make if I comb through them and decide to sell every disposable mod I have and you can't possibly create a gold sink large enough that's both usable within reason and is able to rid me of the many millions I'll make from this.

Even if you make some sort of mod combination/lottery, I will have enough credits to make something ridiculous enough to make me not need to farm for most things and thus ending the primary reason to repeat missions. Likewise, I also have most of the frames by now (I have either played or currently own Ash, Volt, Trinity, Mag, Rhino and Excalibur), meaning I have two frames left to get, only one of which can be farmed until the drops are fixed. I am also using or have used Gorgon, HEK, Strun, Snipertron, Boar, MK-1, Braton, Burstron, Latron, Lato, Aklato, Lex, Bolto, Furax, Scindo, Fragor, Heat Sword, Skana, Dual Skana and Cronus. Aside from those, I also have BPs to Heat Dagger, Ceramic Dagger and Jaw Sword, neither of which I plan to make since I have better things already.

Basically, the current economy allows you to get stuff very quickly and by the time the game hits a milestone where wipes normally occur (Open Beta and Release), most people currently playing will have everything unlocked and used at some point. I don't imagine any kind of beta ending for quite a few months, so unless you basically never play the game or are the most unfortunate person alive, you will have played through most of the content at time of release. Now, playing through the content is the point of the beta but if you keep the stuff you've got, you basically have no reason whatsoever to continue in the full release. You're going to get bored of farming the same three missions for mods eventually because you have nothing to level up, nothing of note to craft and millions of credits you can't spend. Trust me, by the time the beta is done, you will most likely want to wipe things so you can play through it properly and try out new styles and combinations that might show up.

I mean, currently most people just strap on two max ranked weapons if they're only levelling a frame or use a maxed frame and backup weapon if they're trying to level a weapon because that's the most efficient thing to do. Do you really see yourself sitting at release with everything maxed and crafted (or at least the most interesting/best things in your oppinion), millions of credits to your name, all the best mods and just farm one or two missions for rank 30 drops until the end of time? That tends to get boring pretty quickly in my experience and there's a reason why most games that say wiping is optional usually end up wiping anyway.

I know I'll be wiping for sure if it becomes an option.

Edited by Zinn