Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Accounts Reset - 5 Reasons Why It is Needed!

MetaMortred

Zinn since there currently is no trade or auction house in this game there is no actual economy to be FUBAR. Also cash sinks can fix this. So you don't need mods. There are other things they can add to sink cash as well.

Who says they won't at some point make inventory slots available for 1 mil credits each. Or that weapon prices wont continue to increase at a fast pace as they add more to the game at higher rank tiers? This is a CBT designed around polishing the game while it's actually being developed. Not a CBT to hunt glitches in code translation of a korean MMO.

so uh all qq is about omg I m so cool that is why EVERYONE should be wiped.

if you think you are overpowered and you want hardcore you can create new account and play it again right now no need to wipe everyone because some players will not play again from the start and when I say some I mean 90%.

I suggest to ban his account so he would be happy ok?

I would suggest to wait until game is ready for open beta, bugs are fixed, stuff ballanced and more game content added.

And then talk about possible wipe. Because for now the game is still in development, many things can be changed, added or even go away so I suggest to hold on with judgement what advantage beta players over the new ones will have if there will be no wipe for their accounts until game is ballanced, completed and we see the final product.

theres no need of a wipe in my opinion.

what they need to do, is sky rocket the credits stuff prices, like weapons and frames.

I mean. Gorgon, snipetron, and some other good stuff is 50k atm, most weapons are 15-30k to build, while frames are like 60k (parts included). i think they need to rise those prices.

powerful weapons should be 150k-250k (to buy and/or build), frames parts should be 75-100k to build, while the frame itself should be 300k or so.

2 things would come with that:

1) u'd have to work a bit harder to get the frames or special weapons the FREE way, which in my opinion, is more challenging and fun, not saying it would add a rarity value to the item (for example, making rhino players to be some kind of "elite", either for buying it with plat, or working the hell out for it).

2) plat value would increase, i mean, some people if this happen, would rather buy plat for a frame than working "so god damn, so unfair cry cry cry" hard to get it, getting the devs the support they need to keep this game running.

well, that is what i think, i dont know u guys.

Just because there is no trading, does not mean there is no economy. You are still exchanging currency between yourselves and the developer. It may be an individualized economy, but its still there. And having a number of people start open beta with millions of credits still affects people starting the game fresh with no credits, even if they cannot directly exchange anything. They aren't going to set different prices for CBT players and OBT players.

So, depending on how long they let the current rate of income from moderate playing and selling of useless mods stay in place, they are going to have to adjust prices on things accordingly, but you can't just constantly keep raising the prices on everything and think it will balance itself out eventually or be friendly to new players.

Given the following, which do you think will give players the best first impression of the game and how much effort it takes to earn something? Assuming the rate of income is scaled so that either one takes the same amount of gameplay time. Would they rather see a new gun cost 50,000, or would they rather see it cost 1,000,000? Obviously at first glance, people are going to equate smaller numbers with requiring less playing time. But given the current state of the game, they can't keep these items at those prices because for most CBT players they are becoming trivial, which makes the platinum cost of the item irrelevant when people can just buy things with credits. Obviously resulting in less platinum sales for DE.

So what does DE do in response? Stop selling weapons for credits, only the blueprints, still at a trivial cost currently but now you have to farm materials for it. Thats fine too, but since the crafting materials are not balanced at all for their drop rate vs. the number of recipes that use them(For instance, every Warframe using the same exact ingredients for its three parts), some people have thousands of certain materials and are stuck farming Rubedo. So that still needs to be balanced out, and when it is, those materials that you have thousands of are suddenly going to be useful for something and certain weapons are still going to be trivial to acquire with their blueprints, continuing to make people ignore buying items with platinum, which is the entire business model DE is using to make money.

The other alternative is that guns for credits are going to reach 6 or 7 figure numbers, which new players will see and immediately go in to this game thinking its a grindfest, which then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy for them and they quit earlier than they would have if the economy had been balanced before open beta.

So they need to work on balancing that first, whether or not they add trading the economy needs to work for them to make money off this game. Once they get the income balanced with credit/material sinks to where they feel it takes a suitable amount of time to earn something new, short enough to make frugal players stay interested(Who may purchase platinum for other things such was Warframe or weapon slots) but long enough to make spendy players not feel like the platinum cost is a waste.

Then you test it with a blank slate. At the minimum reset credits, materials, and mods. You won't get proper results on whether its working by plugging the currently inflated economy into a modified system. And if necessary, you make changes and wipe again. This is what beta testing is for.

Edited by eelektrik

Again until there is a player driven player to player economy in the game via trading or auction house the amount of credits anyone has is a completely moot point. Buying from an NPC does not equate to any type of actual economy because you cannot buy out the NPC's stock of items, And you cannot sell said items to other people.

I hope we do never get a auction house because then this game would turn into diablo 3 but with guns. the only real differance would be that there is not 2000 cutscenes and rp things getting in your way.

but some sort of ingame trade or a player to player trade hub. Like the games you had in Diablo 2

But i also dont mind to get a reset aslong thay dont tuch the amount of kills you have done because wouldent be all that fun to farm up 90k yet again

If there's ever a change to how money works, I wouldn't mind taking a hit to my three million stash. If there's a bug in a particular room, we can find it due to how map generation works; it will appear anywhere. If there's a bug with a weapon or warframe combination, it's better we have no resets so there's a better chance for that particular combination to be used. Mod balance becomes easier to get an eye for when players have a lot of mods, so you can see the trends that are occuring and more people have experienced opinions about them [p.s. multishot is still OP make it cost more ammo].

An optional reset I'm all for, some people will enjoy a clean slate. I'd rather keep all my stuff.

I hope we do never get a auction house because then this game would turn into diablo 3 but with guns.

I think having no trading or auction house encourages us to actually play the game, though sometimes I wish I could give some of my stuff to friends.

Edited by Foxbyte

• 3 weeks later...

They really shouldnt have said they wouldnt do it (or even that they would try not to). Game really should be wiped at some point before release given how much has and will change, but theyve said they will try not to which has lead people into expecting to keep their progress.

They sort of backed themselves into a bad situation where neither option is desireable.

They really shouldnt have said they wouldnt do it (or even that they would try not to). Game really should be wiped at some point before release given how much has and will change, but theyve said they will try not to which has lead people into expecting to keep their progress.

They sort of backed themselves into a bad situation where neither option is desireable.

They aren't stupid and they now, that reset in co-op game without trading system is unnecessary.

And all the people who say WE NEED FORCE WIPE FOR ALL (ARGH THEY HAVE BETTER WARFRAME, IT'S NOT FAIR), should kill themselves.

Many players have decided to play beta, because Devs said that there won't FORCE wipe for all players. Stop complain and go play.

Currently the game doesn't feel like Close Beta. If my assumption of close beta is correct then it's a time for testing and we should be given all the games content to test on. This would mean we have every mod/warframe/weapon maxed and ready to test. This would then make a completely legit reason to wipe everything and start a new when the game is release. However we don't have this option in Close Beta. Rather we're forced to grind/farm for all the things in the game. Which make it feel more like it has already been release.

DON'T REPLY SAYING THEY GAVE YOU 50 PLAT TO START OFF AS AN EXCUSE FOR CLOSE BETA!

I think there should be an optional wipe for people that want one. I work hard for my mods, warframe and weapons. I deserve to have the choice of keeping it if I work hard for it no? I spent hours farming for materials and blue prints. If you're gonna take all of that away from me then what is the point of me wasting all that time gathering them? If it's for test purpose shouldn't they give out free samples? There are plenty of Beta Key left. People can come and test if they want. Those of you buying founder package also have gotten Beta keys. If so give them out so new player can play as well. The problem right now isn't because there isn't enough Beta key that more people aren't playing. But simply they don't know about the game or it simply doesn't appeal to them.

Currently the game doesn't feel like Close Beta. If my assumption of close beta is correct then it's a time for testing and we should be given all the games content to test on. This would mean we have every mod/warframe/weapon maxed and ready to test. This would then make a completely legit reason to wipe everything and start a new when the game is release. However we don't have this option in Close Beta. Rather we're forced to grind/farm for all the things in the game. Which make it feel more like it has already been release.

DON'T REPLY SAYING THEY GAVE YOU 50 PLAT TO START OFF AS AN EXCUSE FOR CLOSE BETA!

I think there should be an optional wipe for people that want one. I work hard for my mods, warframe and weapons. I deserve to have the choice of keeping it if I work hard for it no? I spent hours farming for materials and blue prints. If you're gonna take all of that away from me then what is the point of me wasting all that time gathering them? If it's for test purpose shouldn't they give out free samples? There are plenty of Beta Key left. People can come and test if they want. Those of you buying founder package also have gotten Beta keys. If so give them out so new player can play as well. The problem right now isn't because there isn't enough Beta key that more people aren't playing. But simply they don't know about the game or it simply doesn't appeal to them.

I agree and also I bought Grand Master bcoz I read that wipe is optional.

If this changes, I need to sue :3

Look people, a Closed Beta is a Closed beta. While they would rather not force a wipe on us, they might not be able to help it, since they're adding new things all the time. If they make something that doesn't work with the current form of the game, or something horrendous happens that majorly screws over critical data, then they might have no choice but to reset/wipe. I know for a fact that this was said before, and clarified by DE themselves.

Besides, CB's aren't for getting a headstart in a game. They're meant for testing. If you joined a Closed beta so you could be ahead of the game, you joined for the wrong reasons.

i dont realy be happy when i lost items and upgrades what i get for real money or with hard work...

Mods wipe - ok but 1st they need to change many many thinks in drop rate scaling and even more thinks..

Warframes/Weapons lvl - wipe.. ok.. for me .. i can made it again for 30..

Ranking reset.. hell yea.. and something better schould be done with ranking than amount of mobs killed ;].

But when Your account will be cleared many many ppl will be &!$$ed off..

Edited by Dreed