Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drekar Balista Eximus, where to find her???

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

It's the last enemy I'm missing from the codex and I'm struggling a bit to find her. 

I've tried so far Spy and Capture missions on Uranus, triggering the alarms(geez it takes so long on Uranus tileset...)and roaming around before and after the objective is completed. 

I also tried a Rescue alert yesterday, but I left after killing over 1500 enemies and meeting every Eximus but the Balista. 

Where have you found her? I'd rather not wait for an Eximus Stronghold non endless mission on Sortie, if possible! 

9 answers to this question

I wish I could help out here but I've had no luck getting even a single scan of this unit. Not even in sortie defense missions on the sealab tileset did I see any of them.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe their spawning is bugged.

Edit: what worked for me to get some of the other really obscure eximus scans is running spy missions (preferably the eximus stronghold sortie kind). Usually the one unit patrolling the inner part of the vault is a rarer unit and can commonly spawn as the eximus variety, I used this to get the frontier eximi completed without camping excavation on earth for hours on end. To bad most uranus spy vaults don't have patrolling units, I can only think of one variety that has enemy units in the inner part.

Edited by PAX_NL

try doing survivals, the eximus spawnrate kicks up over time til its hit a maximum (was 20% not sure if its still)

or wait till a uranus sortie with eximus modifyer pops up ... 

Edited by Dekoser

22 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

It's the last enemy I'm missing from the codex and I'm struggling a bit to find her. 

I've tried so far Spy and Capture missions on Uranus, triggering the alarms(geez it takes so long on Uranus tileset...)and roaming around before and after the objective is completed. 

I also tried a Rescue alert yesterday, but I left after killing over 1500 enemies and meeting every Eximus but the Balista. 

Where have you found her? I'd rather not wait for an Eximus Stronghold non endless mission on Sortie, if possible! 

Wait, those exist?

I have not seen ANY balista Eximus.

Sometimes you can get lucky through sorties using the Eximus only condition so look out for those if you see them.

I personally have not encountered them myself either but having recently obtained every mod I was without (thanks acolytes), I'm going to take some time to research and look through the power of the internet (mostly google).

36 minutes ago, ngrazer said:

Got their scans from Stephano (kinda painful to find them in here tho, especially if you are playing solo) and Sortie on Uranus with Eximus modifier.

Yea, I usually prefer to solo Defense til wave 25 than Interception where you can miss enemies and you have to keep on moving all the time, but I'm not sure if Balista Eximus spawns on Defense too! 

59 minutes ago, PAX_NL said:

Edit: what worked for me to get some of the other really obscure eximus scans is running spy missions (preferably the eximus stronghold sortie kind). Usually the one unit patrolling the inner part of the vault is a rarer unit and can commonly spawn as the eximus variety, I used this to get the frontier eximi completed without camping excavation on earth for hours on end. To bad most uranus spy vaults don't have patrolling units, I can only think of one variety that has enemy units in the inner part.

I thought that too and I tried the Spy mission a lot of times, usually with alarms on outside the vault rooms, but there's only one room with units patrolling and I've never seen an Eximus in there in 25+ runs(standard missions, not sortie or alert)... 

Edited by siralextraffo

Small update, I found that the best way to get the Drekar Balista Eximus scan is Stephano, solo(if there's no Eximus Stronghold Sortie, ofc); I run solo the mission 4 times in total to get all the scans:
- 1st run I got the Balista Eximus once, at wave 6

- 2nd run til wave 5 due to a trade I had to do, no Balista

- 3rd run I got the Balista Eximus at wave 5, but I got distracted by RedText so I failed the mission and the game was updating to couln't save any progress

- 4th run I got the Balista Eximus twice, first time at wave 6 and second time at wave 7

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this, codex is finally complete again!!!