Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Disarm - Give It A Purpose

zombaio

Hi, guys!

As a Loki player i would like to adress an issue that concerns the usefulness and the utility of Lokis ultra ability.

First of all i want to underline that i am extremely satisfied with my initial choice of warframe. To be completly honest i picked Loki just for the epic Hammerhead helmet. But now that i have played Warframe for a month and have tested Rhino, Escalibur and Ember i am convinced Loki is the most fun i can have in this game. You may struggle a bit in the beggining with him but first it pays off greatly in the mid and late game and most importantly it doesn't feel cheep once you understand your role. Also IMO he is theone who needs the least balancing. 

There have been many discussions both here in the forums and in the Wikis comment about Lokis final ability. Therefore i have my huble suggestions:

THE MAIN PROBLEM BEING:

- First of wall i see a flow in the initial concept for this power: It is a SHORT RANGED ability  that is supposed to deal with opponents that shoot you from a DISTANCE. Here you can already see how this is destined to fail. What makes it even less useful is the fact that Loki is the fastest warframe in the game. So a the current state when the enemyes are in your Radial Disarm range they are effectivly already in your melee range. Just run to them i an spit second, cloak an slaughter everything in the area.FOR HALF THE ENERGY!

(note that i dont mind this ability being totally useless against the infested - in favor of balance every warframe has a weakness plus Decoy makes complete fools out of them :D)

THE SOLUTION I SUGGEST:

- Increse the range of Radial Disarm. Make it upgradable from 30m to 50m (or something like that).  It is as simple as that - you fight distant enemies you need huge distance ability.

- This is USEFUL BECAUSE it will give the Loki players even more options for helping their teams (contrary to popular belief i think he super team friendly for a million reasons).

- This is NOT SCARY BECAUSE it is not dangerous for ballance, it does not threaten the composiure of solo or team play at any level. Radial Disarm is not a damage ability. It will not give thie warframe any unfair advantiges anywhere in the game. This change in the range would only give it some real purpose and would meet the expectations for the use of a power that costs the ENORMOUS 100 ENERGY.

All of the other abilites are more than useful. My personal favorite is Switch Teleport, because it privides the most creative options for manipulating tha battlefield (and since you are Loki this is the main thing you want to do). Especially in soloing the Void missions.

I would love to here other opinions, suggestins and constructive criticism. I really hope Rebbeca or some of the other guys reads this since in the last livestream Scott metioned he was revisitng some warframes and abilities.

P.S. Once again please forgive my trerrible English, i am working on improving it. Until than i hope the message has

gotten to you.

Edited by zombaio

its fine as is really. use a stretch if you must. radial disarm isnt for making it a cqc fight. it is for when your team and yourself find the area is too hot and needs to be cooled down, hence radial disarm.

the stretch mod was probably taken into consideration when giving the ability its range. there is no need to be able to disarm the entire map at once. most rooms arent that big that you need that much range and if you do, get behind some cover or something and let them get closer.

First thanks for your posts. :)  And actually i must partialy agree - 50m might be a bit much especially in the corpus ships. So i stand corrected - lets not talk with numbers - since my idea of ingame 50m is not very clear.

On the other hand though i always use the max upgraded Radial Disarm with max Strech and still i find it extremely unimpressive and my overall experience with it has been  underwhelming to say the least :/

Edited by zombaio

Radial disarm is not meant for you to get into melee range easier. It's meant to debuff your foes so your team wont be pinned down by heavy weapons. So cloaking, and then running into a group to radial disarm is perfectly fine. You are looking at it from a solo perspective. Sure if you are cloaked you can just slice everything, but that isn't helping your team mates as much as removing all their weapons.

Radial disarm is not meant for you to get into melee range easier. It's meant to debuff your foes so your team wont be pinned down by heavy weapons. So cloaking, and then running into a group to radial disarm is perfectly fine. You are looking at it from a solo perspective. Sure if you are cloaked you can just slice everything, but that isn't helping your team mates as much as removing all their weapons.

Yes i agree with you. I see you have a good point.

Actually this is the only way i have been using the Radial Disarm.and the only thing with it is that it makes Lokis ultra cost 150 energy instead of a 100 like everyone elses.(well nor really since i use max Flow and the one with energy efficiency + Helmet, but you get my point)

Tnaks for sharing an interesting and viable opinion :)

You've been awesome.

Edited by zombaio

Radial disarm is already REALLY useful.

Put stretch on and you'll cast a net over a very wide radius, then you just go invisible and cleave away. Grineer and Corpus defense missions get really easy using that -- assuming you melee loadout is any good.

Ok, than :) Thanks to all of you guys. I guess the comunity agrees 3 out of four abilities is enough (just kidding). Thanks to all of you for being polite and for the constructive dialog :)

Oh, and another thing. I guess it is in the nature of the game - it being cooperative PvE, but haven't really seen any jurks here in the forums, neither in the team chats in game.

What i am trying to say is keep up the good manners my good sirs and ladies. You are awesome :)

It needs to spread in chain style. Why? Because it can totally ruin game instead of help, because you can force half of a group into cqc, while leaving rest with ranged weapons. If all enemies in 5m radius near affected enemy will get disarmed (and so on), it will be reliable, more fun, more useful.

And make it deny infested special abilities.

It's fine, can hit everyone in most rooms from the centre as is and also has the advantage of removing special abilities from a lot of enemies, Rollers stop rolling, Ospreys can't fly and lose their support abilities, Grineer heavies and Shockwave Moas can't use their knockdowns anymore and it will trivialise any challenge in the game, up to and including high level defense missions and Tower III runs.

This is coming from a long time Loki player with over 150 hours in missions with this suit alone. This skill is great, but people don't use it very often because Invis+Melee is the First Order Optimal Strategy for this suit and to really master this suit you have to learn to use all of his abilities and think outside the box. If Invis+Melee is the only strategy that seems useful to you, I recommend trying, as in actually go out of your way, to use his other abilities effectively. Once you play around with them and come up with cool tricks to use you'll get a better idea of how his ult is meant to be used.

How many times my radial disarm saved the cryopod from be insta-killed by an grineer heavy bomber...

It also kills infested chargers... LV3 kills chargers up to lv37 and focus mod increase the count! =D

Edited by Oleker