Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Slide Attack in Archwing?

DiosGX

Question

So, recent patch has it so that you can only do slide attacks in Archwing while engaging Afterburnings (shift + spacebar). My question is, how the heck am I supposed to do a slide attack while using the Afterburners?

Shift + Space Bar + Crouch + melee + forward movement direction?

Digital Extremes, I only have five fingers. I cannot use all of them at once like this without shattering the phalanges in my hand.. Has anyone here even successfully performed a spin attack in Archwing yet? Because I seriously can't even do it once, much less effortlessly pull it off in the midst of combat.

4 answers to this question

Well to answer my own question, crouch key is not needed to spin attack at all. Meleeing during afterburn triggers slide attacks. Still, this poses another issue of boosting upwards since there is no key specific to afterburners

11 minutes ago, FrackingBiscuit said:

Pinky on ctrl, ring on shift, thumb on space, middle on W, pointer on E.

It may be stupid to limit it to using afterburners but this key combination isn't hard at all.

I have been trying that and it causes massive strain and discomfort between my pinky and ring fingers.

My point is that it is needlessly complex for a simple action. On foot, you don't every need to hit shift. Crouch > melee alone works. Adding in THREE other simultaneous actions physically feels bad.

I have my hold-to-crouch key bound to Q for easier bullet jumps and slide attacks normally.  This way I can hit it with my ring finger, I've never needed to hit the crouch key and move to the left before. That said the "slide attack" (really a cork-screw attack) in Archwing is pretty lackluster, you aren't missing out on much.

Edited by Gelkor