Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very small change to Bladestorm that might end Ash complaints

Arkvold

The biggest problem I hear about Bladestorm is that enemies targetted for Bladestorm become immune to everything else.  That kinda sucks - being an Ash player who plays with other Ash players, I've been on both sides of the matter, so I know how frustrating it is, and why it occurs.

Bladestorm's targets become invulnerable so that Bladestorm is guaranteed to hit its full number of targets.  I'm guessing there's issues with allowing target to die when a Bladestorm cutscene is coming for them?

How about this - only enemies immediately under attack by Bladestorm 'go red' and become impossible to harm.  That means only 3 enemies max are subject to the effect.  Others can be killed freely.  In return, Bladestorm will automatically re-acquire its targets until the power has hit its maximum number of attacks, or there's no valid enemies left to attack within range of a clone.

Thus, your party will be able to kill more-or-less freely (because the only enemies who are invulnerable are those who are immediately about to die) and you don't have to worry about losing out on your Bladestorm attacks unless there's simply just not enough for you and your teammates to kill.