Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is a worse volt - speed supposed to over ride mine which is better?

cghawk

Question

joined the gift of the lotus alert, brought my lvl 30 volt and activated speed, 24 second duration only to notice that the speed buff from a lvl 18 volt in the team kept over riding it, it only had a 4 second duration and the speed buff it gave only half as powerfull as mine, I was under the impression abilities that are the same would only get replaced by the other if it's more powerful which was clearly not the case here.

so is this a bug or the way it's supposed to work?

Edited by cghawk

3 answers to this question

Actually, volt's boost overrides previous one, if I remember correctly, you just need to recast it again.
(it could be a grief/newbie volt)

17 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I was under the impression abilities that are the same would only get replaced by the other if it's more powerful which was clearly not the case here

This is the case with Chroma's auras, but i don't know any other skill that does the same thing.

Edited by Quanlain

25 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

Actually, volt's boost overrides previous one, if I remember correctly, you just need to recast it again.
(it could be a grief/newbie volt)

This is the case with Chroma's auras, but i don't know any other skill that does the same thing.

ah ok, was a new player so definitely not griefing but certainly a annoyance if you got less then 100% power efficiency as I quickly run out of power that way.

either way thanks for telling me.

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

I was under the impression abilities that are the same would only get replaced by the other if it's more powerful which was clearly not the case here.

I don't think the game can judge which powers are worthy of being replaced or not. You could have a lot of strength and low duration for example, and the other guy has the opposite. The build diversity makes it hard for the game to know which power is useful in which situation.

Unless by that you meant that a rank 3 power should not be overridden by a lower rank one, in which case I agree.