Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your top 3 Alien races?

(PSN)zeratul____12

Note that they have to be from an alien world and cannot be humans, Star Wars humans for example are aliens but they don't really count.

#1 Protoss from Starcraft: Old, advanced and tough as hell. I mainly like them because of all the technology they had developed and how they look.

#2 Xenomorphs from Aliens: Everything about them is intimidating and deadly. The perfect organism that can adapt to any surrounding and can strike from the shadows at any time.

#3 Arachnids from Starship troopers: I just love the idea of an unending tide of nearly unstoppable bug like aliens smashing through lines of soldiers and tearing them appart.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

Do Time Lords count? They have a human appearance, but, aside from that, are wildly different from humans in biological terms (they have two hearts, a regeneration system used to avoid death, extremely long lifespans and a godly advanced perception of the nature of time, space and their surroundings, e.g. being able to feel the rotation of planets).

Edited by Gorila_Azul

1) Necrons. Losing the war against literal gods because they're mortal. Become immortal terminator machines and pwn actual gods and turn them into batteries. Too weak to fight a war with other hostile alien race. Retreat into epic tomb worlds until other alien race self destructs hilariously. Emerge from tomb worlds looking for a friendly alien race to trade metal bodies for real bodies and become mortal again. Discover epic galactic threat, decide to stay immortal machines and kill all the things first.

2) Orks (WH40k) Race of huge, muscly simpltons which are actually powerful collective psychics, causing everything to work out for the best. Ork drop pods being literally trash cans. The ork survives the fall from just barely inside the atmosphere to a rocky surface in a tin trash can only because it and all it's buddies think they're supposed to.

Orks lack individual psychic power, being denied such abilities by the Old Ones. However, they do have a sort of collaborative, collective psychic ability, meaning that if enough Orks believe something is true, then it will actually become so, brought into power by their gestalt psychic ability. For example, Ork rockets painted yellow create bigger explosions, simply because the vast majority of Orks believe they do. This is also why much of the Orks' seemingly ramshackle technology will do terrible damage in the hands of Orks, but will cease to function when used by other races.

3) Xenomorphs because xenomorphs. <3

4 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Do Time Lords count? They have a human appearance, but, aside from that, are wildly different from humans in biological terms (they have two hearts, a regeneration system used to avoid death, extremely long lifespans and a godly advanced perception of the nature of time, space and their surroundings, e.g. being able to feel the rotation of planets).

Dont think so, sure the internal biology is different but they look human overall so couldnt really count as alien.

1. Combine. Combine ftw. oppressive, spooky aliens who take a liking to trenchcoats, gas masks, cans, enslaving races without a second thought? all da fokin yes.

2. Stuffs from war of the worlds. My god. I'm convinced the sound design team are superintelligent hoomans.

3. hork-bajiir because reasons don't ask why

53 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

1. Combine. Combine ftw. oppressive, spooky aliens who take a liking to trenchcoats, gas masks, cans, enslaving races without a second thought? all da fokin yes.

2. Stuffs from war of the worlds. My god. I'm convinced the sound design team are superintelligent hoomans.

3. hork-bajiir because reasons don't ask why

The combine technically aren't alien.

Friggin hell. I forgot about the hork-bajiir. I think I stopped reading at the 22nd book.

11 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Replicators were terrifying, especially in the episode where that one guy was "zombifide" 

I love the concept of them. As with the mother virus from the wraith. That part looked painful. They just dug themselves into his flesh.

10 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

The combine technically aren't alien.

Friggin hell. I forgot about the hork-bajiir. I think I stopped reading at the 22nd book.

I love the concept of them. As with the mother virus from the wraith. That part looked painful. They just dug themselves into his flesh.

well, the advisors and synths are alien. mostly just the military system they brought with them.

I dunno, the hork-bajiir looked pretty dank. I actually still have the hork-bajiir chronicles collecting dust on my shelf.

1 hour ago, TheMetrocop said:

well, the advisors and synths are alien. mostly just the military system they brought with them.

I dunno, the hork-bajiir looked pretty dank. I actually still have the hork-bajiir chronicles collecting dust on my shelf.

I read it first 12 years ago. Read it again 3 years ago. I wonder if I would like the series re-reading it again.

Edit: Found out just now that there are 54 books...I got something to do for the rest of the year!

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

32 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I read it first 12 years ago. Read it again 3 years ago. I wonder if I would like the serious re-reading it again.

Edit: Found out just now that there are 54 books...I got something to do for the rest of the year!

i dunno the book was pretty good in my eyes. wasn't cheesy like 'puppy gets lost by sh*tface douchylord mcmilkdrinker'

one of the things I like about animorphs is it knows how to be good edgy at times.

13 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Dont think so, sure the internal biology is different but they look human overall so couldnt really count as alien.

In that case I can only think of the Space Pirates from Metroid.

If it were just beings from other planets I'd pick Time Lords, Saiyans and Space Pirates.