Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make weapons switch faster please

MJ12

8 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

it was well possible before that, there were multiple ways to get energy back in huge ammounts, you only needed a trinity really

there is no personal ridicule here, but take it as you will, this is your interpretation, you just assume it's meant like that while it isn't

and you see a poorly-adjusted gameplay feature, DE sees a way to introduce new mods to the game and considering how there are zoom mods, and how that also makes you zoom while aim-gliding, there is a mod to counter that effect, so I am fine with having mods for convenience, you are not, end of discussion.

But not possible in any significant capacity. When people were limited to ults costing 70 instead of ults costing 25, it at least required a bit more team coordination to pull off... and there was a lot less room for error. 

Given that most of the content hadn't yet been tailored around spam casting, it largely wasn't necessary, and people who weren't looking to test themselves in Endless Defense didn't bother with putting together a team composition to enable spam casting or blow resources on restores. 

Consequently, while it was possible it didn't start to become a widespread issue until after Corrupted mods made it child's play to achieve. While it still wasn't necessary, the only effort required to pull it off was slotting a couple of mods, so people happily jumped onto that bandwagon.

I think you're giving DE way too much credit when it comes to how much forethought they put into introducing additional mods. 

2 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I think you're giving DE way too much credit when it comes to how much forethought they put into introducing additional mods. 

Yup, Primed Pressure Point still takes more capacity for less damage than its normal counterpart. The only comment they ever made was an ironic 'it was never intended to be released!' statement. I don't think they could care less in any way.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

But not possible in any significant capacity. When people were limited to ults costing 70 instead of ults costing 25, it at least required a bit more team coordination to pull off... and there was a lot less room for error. 

it was possible to be at max energy almost all the time even back then, especially pre-rage nerf

Given that most of the content hadn't yet been tailored around spam casting, it largely wasn't necessary, and people who weren't looking to test themselves in Endless Defense didn't bother with putting together a team composition to enable spam casting or blow resources on restores. 

I guess you were never in such premade teams... I always played in such teams as did many many others, the endresults were always visible in the event scores where people got abnormal high scores with premades

you are the first person to ever accuse me of this

but some people also underestimate the thought that DE puts into mod design

everyone thought that Rage/Quickthinking was and overlooked issue and DE simply did not think of the possibility of combining those two mods

yet, if calculated, it had a 96% efficiency and not 100%, meaning you lose a bit of hp/energy in every cycle

I was always pretty sure this was intended and DE releases such combo's for the few people who were lucky enough to obtain both mods, to enjoy from the ridiculous OPness, untill it got nerfed