Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn P toxin

MexicanNoodles

Question

I need help on how to build Saryn Prime, I want to go  for more toxic aoe damage rather than melee.

Currently running Energy Siphon,

Flow, Streamline, Stretch, Regenerative Molt(not sure if im gonna keep this or change for damage) Vitality, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity, Rage

I need suggestions as to what I should replace or keep

Edited by MexicanNoodles

6 answers to this question

nyvitil.jpg

Cast molt, cast spores on it, shoot molt with an AoE weapon, rinse-repeat.

Her num 3 and num 4 waste too much energy to be worth using. IMO rage, regen molt, and vitality waste slots you could be using. Also Corrosive Projection is superior to every aura.

Weapons I'd recommend in order of usefulness (mod with toxin damage for best effects):
Synoid Simulor
Throwing weapons w/concealed explosives
Ignis
Bows w/Thunderbolt

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

I just used this build yesterday on that sedna interception berheblegiraduferwhatever and got 42% of the damage out of 4 total players, and 72% again with 3 total players so it definitely works decently at the very least, and it can keep you alive too.  

Energy siphon/ corrosive projection.         Vitality, regenerative molt, prime flow, prime continuity, overextended, stretch, transient fortitude, streamline.

I also run zenurik with this build.  

I use corrosive/blast ignis with the exploding mod.  This will spread your spores everywhere and if it doesnt kill, it definitely makes it easier for your team to do so, which is what saryn is best at.  If I am leveling up a primary, I like to use the twin kohmak for the same purpose, but there are probably better secondaries to use for the same purpose, like maybe the atomos.   

Cast spores mainly, then occasionally Cas molt, then cast spores on your molt.  #3 is not needed, and if you happen to get into the middle of a tough crowd with spores on all the enemies, 4 can be used to finish them off.  

Edited by Desperado14
Rage, not streamline

corrosive energy is only useful for enemies with high armor, o if you're playing against infested or corpus use a different aura. Against infested I would keep the rage build with regen molt, since they like to proc with toxin so much anyways. You dont need a ton of range against infested either. you can always increase duration or strength for more damage.

Against corpus and grineer I wouldnt bother too much with the rage build and focus more on range with some duration and strength. You need both to do some damage. Do keep in mind Saryn's passive, and that you'll want weapons that proc easily, aiming for viral so that your miasma, when you do cast it, will melt any enemies around you if you need to. 

5 hours ago, shoopypit said:

corrosive energy is only useful for enemies with high armor, o if you're playing against infested or corpus use a different aura. Against infested I would keep the rage build with regen molt, since they like to proc with toxin so much anyways. You dont need a ton of range against infested either. you can always increase duration or strength for more damage.

Against corpus and grineer I wouldnt bother too much with the rage build and focus more on range with some duration and strength. You need both to do some damage. Do keep in mind Saryn's passive, and that you'll want weapons that proc easily, aiming for viral so that your miasma, when you do cast it, will melt any enemies around you if you need to.

What? A non-melee Saryn wants Gas or Toxic on weapons her spores spread both Viral and Toxic for her Miasma and Corrosive Projection is good for Corpus these days too. Bursa have the highest eHP by a huge margin and you can use Toxic to bypass shields for everything else.

On 8/7/2016 at 11:03 PM, Sapphic-Sandra said:

-snip-

I'd go with Streamline over Fleeting and swap Constitution for Transient Fortitude. Esp if you're just using Molt + Spores like I do. You gain 3% Duration 55% Power Strength which adds a lot to your Spores damage conversion at the cost of 1.25 more energy for Spores and 3 Energy for Molt.