Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any remedies for Kavat ADHD?

Nika_Romanova

Question

Hello,

I love my Smeeta, but it gives me all sorts of trouble when I'm trying to do stealth missions.  I'll do a finisher on a mob and then the cat will go off and attack a non-alerted mob for no apparent reason.  It stays in stealth oddly enough.  It just runs off and attacks a mob 10 meters away that was not alerted in the first place.

I know they used to say remove the guns and such on misbehaving sentinels, but I really don't have any issues with those.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Nika :)

6 answers to this question

There's not much you can do as kavats will start attacking as soon as you do. Either make sure your kavat is strong enough to instakill the enemies so it cause less problems or pick a sentinel when doing stealth

You can also try removing swipe, pounce and sharpened claws. The kavat will still attack but have higher chance of missing tho it's not a reliable solution.

Edited by crazyN00b
typo :C

4 hours ago, Nika_Romanova said:

Hello,

I love my Smeeta, but it gives me all sorts of trouble when I'm trying to do stealth missions.  I'll do a finisher on a mob and then the cat will go off and attack a non-alerted mob for no apparent reason.  It stays in stealth oddly enough.  It just runs off and attacks a mob 10 meters away that was not alerted in the first place.

I know they used to say remove the guns and such on misbehaving sentinels, but I really don't have any issues with those.

Lol this made me giggle. Ps4 hasn't recieved Kavats yet... but i couldn't help but laugh at how much that sounds like a legit cat... just doing whatever tf it wants. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)meganmassackre said:

Lol this made me giggle. Ps4 hasn't recieved Kavats yet... but i couldn't help but laugh at how much that sounds like a legit cat... just doing whatever tf it wants. 

Yes, it's like a cat knocking things off the table and then looking at you... EXCEPT IT'S GRINEER! lol

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Nika_Romanova said:

Hello,

Here's what I did that helped me.  I moved the attack mods to the far right on the kavat while putting utility mods to the left.  This greatly lessened the chance of my Kavat going gung ho too much. 

On 8/9/2016 at 0:10 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Here's what I did that helped me.  I moved the attack mods to the far right on the kavat while putting utility mods to the left.  This greatly lessened the chance of my Kavat going gung ho too much. 

Thank you, I'll try it! :)

On 8/9/2016 at 11:10 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Yeah doing this should help a lot. You can't turn off the natural aggressiveness built into the Kavat AI, but since mod positioning determines how that AI prioritizes abilities, it should calm it down somewhat.