Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few nullifier related suggestions.

lyravega

Yes, yet another Nullifier field whine.

The shrink/growth "animations" need to be faster. A lot faster. I see a lot of players keep shooting at the nullifier bubbles till they collapse; what they don't know (or perhaps, care about) is most probably they've done enough damage to collapse it already, and it'll collapse in 1-2 seconds. Hence the need that the shrinkage needs to be faster, shooting at the bubbles just feels unresponsive. Also, they shouldn't spawn with full bubble strength, their bubble should start off from quarter/half the size and grow

As far as abilities are concerned:

• Channeled abilities should be paused instead of getting deactivated. Upon leaving the field, they should resume automatically with no activation cost
  • Ability companions (Atlas' Rumblers, Nekros' Shadows, etc...) should become inert (inactive) and start losing health (based on a percentage of their current HP) instead of getting killed instantly. While inert, they can be targeted by enemies
  • Abilities that create fields/objects with HP, such as Frost's Snowglobe or Atlas' Rockwall, should lose health similar to ability companions (but based on a percentage of their max HP)
  • Abilities that provide personal protection with HP, such as Rhino's Iron Skin, should become inactive and lose health over time (based on a percentage of their max HP). Upon leaving the field, if there is HP left on the ability, it should be active again
  • Ability buffs (or debuffs) should be removed immediately (as it is now)

In my opinion, Nullifiers are poorly implemented, and still require a lot of work. These are just a few suggestions I can think of right now.

Nice Points and Suggestions , But If These Are Put Into Game Then We Won't Have The Challenge. Like For Example ..... Losing Your EB when You Enter Nullifier's Bubble or Losing Iron Skin Is Actually A Challenge For You , And Without It The Nullifier Will Be No More Than A Corrupter Crewman.

Just now, SHAHEER9 said:

Nice Points and Suggestions , But If These Are Put Into Game Then We Won't Have The Challenge. Like For Example ..... Losing Your EB when You Enter Nullifier's Bubble or Losing Iron Skin Is Actually A Challenge For You , And Without It The Nullifier Will Be No More Than A Corrupter Crewman.

Is it a Fall Out Boy song title?

I like your ideas, they actually make nullifiers interesting. But I'd still prefer they were removed.

12 minutes ago, SHAHEER9 said:

What you're saying would be true if we had to enter the bubble. But we don't. You can stand outside and hit it until it disappears, there is no challenge in that. OP's ideas actually make entering the bubble worthwhile, because you don't have to recast everything later.

Edited by Genitive

Just now, Genitive said:

I like your ideas, they actually make nullifiers interesting. But I'd still prefer they were removed.

What you're saying would be true if we had to enter the bubble. But we don't. You can stand outside and hit it until it disappears, there is no challenge in that. OP's ideas actually make entering the bubble worthwhile, because you don't have to recast everything later.

Hmmm...Yeah

3 hours ago, SHAHEER9 said:

They are not a challenge. They are an annoyance. They'll still do the same, but instead of doing it in an instant, they'll do it over time; giving you a chance to react without losing much.

Edited by lyravega
grammar

2 hours ago, SHAHEER9 said:

Nothing challenging about running into the bubble and shooting. Nullifiers don't add challenge, only tedium.

Honestly why do we have to keep repeating this statement every time we discuss these things?

I suggest replacing them with an unit carrying an half circled disruption shield which protects enemies behind it from AoE abilities while still allowing us to hit them from the sides or behind without taking off our buffs. 

Two Nullifiers in the same area would regroup and then form a semi-bubble but we would still be able to take them down from above. 

To compensate, they could have some grenades that dig holes in our abilities (for example)