The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nvidia 369.05 Drivers and 64-bit Version Crash

Spearios

Since upgrading my Nvidia Drivers to 369.05 for my Titan X (Pascal), Warframe crashes upon startup in 64-bit mode.  I can get 32-bit mode to work however.

My laptop's 980 desktop mobile card has been running the 369.05 drivers in 64-bit mode as well.  My previous Titan X (Maxwell) card was running previous NVidia drivers fine in 64-bit mode but would also crash on the 369.05 drivers using the 64-bit application.

Not sure why the 980 desktop mobile works fine with these drivers and the Titan does not (The 980 desktop mobile has 8gb of vram versus 12gb for the titans, but I would not have thought that would cause an issue)

While I at least can play in 32-bit mode, I thought I would share the above in case Warframe is not playing nice with these new drivers.

Hi Spearios,

Sorry to hear this. Do you happen to see a crash window popup when trying to run Warframe in 64-bit?
Like this one: 

NxkOgQu (1).png

If so, could you tell us the WAR-#### that appears?

If there is no crash window, then we will need you to submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log and DxDiag
That way we can see what is happening to the engine when the crash occurs.

Thanks.

Hi again Spearios,

So we looked over the crashes that you submitted to us. Is there any chance you might be using some form of Razer software? Such as Razer Synapse?
If so, could you please disable (or possibly even uninstall) this application and see if you notice any improvement with Warframe?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Spearios said:

Dmitri,

I did have Razer Synapse installed and I have uninstalled that application.

However, upon starting Warframe again after rebooting, I had the same crash that I have been having

Bug Code is WAR-1005131

Alright great. While we are looking at this new crash could you please try a few things for us?

1. 'Verify / Optimize' your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher. You can do this in the launcher settings via. the little cogwheel on the top right corner.

0DqGyS6.png

2. With 64-bit mode enabled, try running Warframe in either DirectX 10 or DirectX 9. This can also be toggled in the Warframe launcher settings.
(I would still try DX11 after verify/optimize before trying DX10/DX9, just to confirm if there is any improvement with Step #1.)

Edited by [DE]Dmitri