Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Meltdowner Rework Idea

Neptlude

So I got the idea for an Ember rework to make her abit more active to play instead of just WOF and afk `-` 

As ye guys know WoF loses its punch after lvl 40+? Tho 1 guy ingame said his ember's WOF can kill lvl 100+ Heavies alone(Is that actually possible can someone send me a vid of it?)

Anyway here is my suggestions

1st Ability Flamethrower (I cant think of a name D:)

10 energy with 3 energy per sec used

Ye guys know she has those weird holes in her arms right? Yeah she shoots out flames on those now lol

Similar to Chromas 1st ability but when ye aim it at the ground it creates a fire field similar to Nezah's firewalker skill. (make this use 2ndary weapon mods?)

Also when Ember walks on it she automatically gets heat proc on her, boosting her passive skill.

Augmented- Allies that walk on it will get the elemental buff similar to the original 1st augment.

2nd Ability Accelerant

Same not gonna touch it... no touch `-`

3rd Ability World on Fire 

75 energy | 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s Duration

Move WOF to 3rd skill and made it into duration base, but maybe a slight nerf in total range and make it stationary. Around 3 or 4 WOF spots can be put up.

Augmented- Fire Quake augment still applies

4rd Ability Meltdowner 

50 energy with 5 energy per sec during charge

all 1st 3 skill will charge this up

Okay this is similar to Equinox's Mend and Maim skill. At 1st activation it will start charging Heat, for every heat damage dealt it will charge up. During charge up her 1st 3 skill will also get a damage buff during the charging phase(the more heat stored the stronger the buff). Also massive charges if Ember is hit with fire dmg skill (1st skill is affected). The enemies dont need to die to charge this, as long as a heat based dmg is done in the area it will charge it up.

Now for the release. I thought of a 2 way release.

1st release: Tapping 4 again will release a huge explosion (similar to fireblast skill) 

Animation: Ember use both of her hands to create a small sun like thingy, trying to squeeze it then release in a massive explosion.

2nd release: Holding down 4 will create a huge beam of fire, similar to Madurai skill (will also create fire on the ground similar to the 1st skill) This skill will last for 5 seconds, ye will be able to aim it but ye will be stationary. Will be immune to dmg for the duration of the skill.

Animation: Ember use both of her hands to create a small sun like thingy, trying to squeeze it then put both of her arms forward and firing the beam.

Augment- During the charge phase and fire dmg will heal her instead.

I guess thats it. Sorry my english is pretty bad...

Edited by Neptlude

Ember does not cause problems currently, she is ok in level 60 (not super, but ok). Her kit is ok. Her squisness is playable. She roxx in low level alerts as everyone with formas and stuff..

There is several frames which need love: Oberon, Banshee, Limbo, Equinox, Ash, Zephyr, Nekros. It is totally ok to just leave Ember and improve something which needs work.

If DE need to do something (they shouldnt but ok) here is a set:

• Add passive: 50% inherit fire resistance. You cant drown the fish.
  • Increase World on Fire cost 5/sec (double !)
  • Fire Blast has wave damage 500 and ring damage 400 (double)
  • New augment: Melt (Accelerant), affected by Accelerant enemies take 1% max health drain per second when burning.

Idea: little less WoF, little more Fire Blast, for high level Melt their healths.

• 3 months later...