Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon and Pangolin and Cronus

DuelMaster53

Question

I wanted to know if the drakgoon is good enough---I know it has 720 slash, and if it is pretty good, besides the high slash dmg, then i'd appreciate a build :D

also i want to know if the Pangolin is worth it, because i got the bp, but i want to know if it is worth it, or if i should just craft it for the exp. nad if the pangolin isn't good enough, then how about the cronus? or should i just use that for exp as well? (btw i'm not actually gonna use those melee weapons for a permanent melee weapon, i already have broken war, but just wanted to know if either cronus or pangolin is trash or if i can keep one of them) 

thanks!

8 answers to this question

Drakgoon is really nice since it has 2 firing modes that can be used for single target and mass murder. I've used the drakgoon and its pretty decent. It handles pretty well, but when you first use it you'll find the two firing mode aspect a bit trippy ( I did) but once you get used to it its a pretty darn good weapon that can hold its own in higher levels with the right build. As for the build, there should be builds on the wiki, but here's the link to one of em. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:Skarmax/Drakgoon_CC_build  In my opinion, the pangolin sword is not worth it since it is a usable sword, but is outclassed by many others like it. Since you already have the broken war (which is basically top tier single handed swords) you can ditch the cronus and pangolin sword. Both of them aren't really that good, so my suggestion is to not use em unless its for mastery, or for some reason you really like em. 

4 minutes ago, DuelMaster53 said:

I wanted to know if the drakgoon is good enough---I know it has 720 slash, and if it is pretty good, besides the high slash dmg, then i'd appreciate a build :D

also i want to know if the Pangolin is worth it, because i got the bp, but i want to know if it is worth it, or if i should just craft it for the exp. nad if the pangolin isn't good enough, then how about the cronus? or should i just use that for exp as well? (btw i'm not actually gonna use those melee weapons for a permanent melee weapon, i already have broken war, but just wanted to know if either cronus or pangolin is trash or if i can keep one of them) 

thanks!

Good enough? Every single weapon in the game is good enough to do any non-endless mission besides sorties and raids. Trust me, I know. I have a 7 forma lato that I recently used to kill lephantis.

If you're asking whether these weapons are top tier, then no, no, and no. They are all kinda bad. But the Drakgoon is fun, especially if you have the mod for it (fomorian accelerant). Don't make the mistake of thinking that you have to use a top tier weapon all the time.

Just now, DandannyG said:

Drakgoon is really nice since it has 2 firing modes that can be used for single target and mass murder. I've used the drakgoon and its pretty decent. It handles pretty well, but when you first use it you'll find the two firing mode aspect a bit trippy ( I did) but once you get used to it its a pretty darn good weapon that can hold its own in higher levels with the right build. As for the build, there should be builds on the wiki, but here's the link to one of em. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:Skarmax/Drakgoon_CC_build  In my opinion, the pangolin sword is not worth it since it is a usable sword, but is outclassed by many others like it. Since you already have the broken war (which is basically top tier single handed swords) you can ditch the cronus and pangolin sword. Both of them aren't really that good, so my suggestion is to not use em unless its for mastery, or for some reason you really like em. 

Thanks, and to use the two firing modes for the drakgoon, is there a button to press, or what?

Compared to Broken War all long sword type weapons are pretty much trash since it's the top of the line. Cronus is just a literal linear upgrade to the basic Skana, which is why it drops from Cpt.Vor, and Pangolin Sword is... just something. The Drakgoon is pretty damn good, it is in the top 3 of highest base damage in the shotgun group, (for the charged shot) the pellets bounce at least once too, which is good in tight spaces, and it has no damage fall off over range like other shotguns. The only downside is that it isn't hit-scan and has a slow-ish projectile speed.

A really good build I use myself is Hell's Chamber, Fomorian Accelerant, Point Blank, Fatal Acceleration, Ammo Stock, Seeking Force, Seeking Fury, and Shotgun Spazz. Has reduced charge time, faster reload, some more damage, and lots of penetration, the one thing that truly matters :D

EDIT: Fomorian Accelerant makes projectiles bounce up to 5 times as well as working with Fatal Acceleration to make pellets hit things faster

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4