Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SOLVED] Where can I buy platinum to give as a gift?

DaelanAVIDITY

Question

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way I could buy platinum and gift it towards someone. I'm not talking about trade chat or using the clan's dojo, but being able to spend $4.99 for 75p on the warframe website and instead of using the platinum for myself I can gift it to my friend or someone else without having to go through the whole spending my credits for the credit tax of platinum. sort of like how warframe youtubers can give away promo codes for platinum to other youtubers.

Edited by DaelanAVIDITY

4 answers to this question

there is no official way to buy plat for a friend the best you can do is buy for yourself and trade it with him or buy a item for plat in the market and gift the item

or use steam wallet or paypal to transfer funds

I dont recall if any of those goes against the EULA

I do know that having multiple account to get the discount is a bannable offense 

you probably need to clear that with DE itself to be safe

5 minutes ago, rage4198 said:

there is no official way to buy plat for a friend the best you can do is buy for yourself and trade it with him or buy a item for plat in the market and gift the item

Alright thanks. I was just  curious because youtubers have giveaways where then can give people 75p promo codes and such, so I was wondering if I could do the same. But I suppose those promo codes are given to them straight from DE. 

Thank you for clearing this up to me. Really appreciate it :)

Just now, DaelanAVIDITY said:

Alright thanks. I was just  curious because youtubers have giveaways where then can give people 75p promo codes and such, so I was wondering if I could do the same. But I suppose those promo codes are given to them straight from DE. 

Thank you for clearing this up to me. Really appreciate it :)

np just dont forget to mark this as solved(assuming it is) cya

53 minutes ago, DaelanAVIDITY said:

But I suppose those promo codes are given to them straight from DE.

Wow, this is new information for me, I always thought they had to go into trade with their winners and trade it off just like everyone else.  I was unaware they get promo codes to give to their viewers.  Especially since the few giveaways I've seen on youtube or twitch they always say its for PC or PS4 or whatever only because that is the platform the youtuber uses.

Perhaps the promo codes you saw whomever give out were from the Tennocon merchandise they purchased.  They were all given promo codes and so long as they don't use them themselves they can give those away.  But if not, that's awfully generous of DE.