Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

your opinions on my Equinox build and equipment

urumizawa

Question

Hey all! 

as the title suggests, I am here to get your opinions on my equinox build, despite being 3 Forma + her 3 base polarities I still feel like she lacks in survivability.

for instance in survival at MOT(void) after 15 mins I pretty much die in less than 2 secs if i don't spam my sleep ability (draining my energy in return) and when the eximus and corrupted steps in i don't even get enough time to sleep them all if they are coming from multiple directions. here is the build http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Equinox/f_30_4430420030_1-0-10-2-4-10-4-2-5-5-6-5-6-5-5-7-3-2-8-8-5-17-1-5_1-7-17-5-4-5-7-6-2-6-6-6-5-9-f-f-8-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-38

for the equipment I am using Broken War without any forma based around fast damage (if that makes sense), 1 forma Tonkor (which i will talk about shortly) and the weapon i am relying on the most "Sonicor" (0 forma) with:

- maxed "Barrel diffusion", maxed "Quickdraw" for max cc in the shortest time possible

-unranked "pistol ammo mutation" to be sure to never run out of ammo

- rank 4 hornet strike because I had unused points and the +100% damage never hurts

as for Tonkor it is just there because it is better than the boltor, gorgon or the paris prime i have but i never use it anyway. besides I am unsure what weapons and mods would suit Equinox the best and the essential mods (according to the community) like "heavy shot", "vital sense".... well I am having a hard time finding them.

I ll put a TLDR although my post isn't that long because i got a feeling I suck so much at expressing myself in english that everyone is like "what the ***k is he even trying to say" after reading this far

TLDR: what should I change in my equinox build(forgot to mention that I chose Equinox as my main because she is the most polyvalent warframe I found and so I would like to avoid limiting her skills as much as i can *thinking about corrupted mods or whatever they are called* ? should I forma her more?

Is broken war the best weapon for her at mr6? is it wise to have sonicor as secondary for the cc proc? am I even using it at its full potential?

for the primary slot... I am completely lost... "fanboys" in the IG chat suggested Tonkor and Soma Prime both of which appearently don't shine unless forma'ed a couple times and modded correctly and as much as I hate to say it; I suck at modding, I just couldn't find those essential mods people are talking about everywhere and I didn't find a use for primary weapons altogether.

1 answer to this question

I would add continuity and peaceful provocation to your build. Fast deflection isn't very useful. The best way to get shields back to full is to have a sentinel with the guardian mod.

Also if you have it available replace flow with fleeting expertise. If you don't have it, you should probably try to get it. It's a corrupted mod. Heavy caliber is also a corrupted mod and you can get those in the orokin derelict. Probably best to look for a youtube video that explains how the vaults work.

You don't really need specific weapons on equinox. Maybe trying to fit in a weapon from red veil or cephalon suda, that can give you energy with the proc would help. So either one of the syndicate weapons or one of the weapons that can use a syndicate mod.

I personally don't like using the sonicor, especially not without a lot of forma. The damage falls off quickly, to put a good build together you need a lot of forma and the enemies flying all over the place can be annoying. I would recommend the staticor in general. You can get a basically maxed out build for the staticor with only 1-2 forma. The damage scales really well and you get a lot of procs.

For melee I only use heavy weapons on the tanky frames. Broken war works fine on equinox, but you can use any other melee with a decent attack speed.

The soma and the tonkor are both crit weapons, so you really want point strike and vital sense. Without those mods it is better to use something else. The regular hek is a really strong shotgun that you can use at mr4. With the syndicate mod from steel meridian it can keep up with the best weapons in the game. The syndicate mod also requires very low mod capacity for what it does.