Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick question

Ibro156

First of all, the most important thing you should be focusing on while developing a game IMO is the game-play. Notice- it has the word "game" in it.

You may want to try focusing on what hasn't been done before in that regard/ hasn't been properly thought out/  hasn't been done often.

A good game is a game with good gameplay is a game with good mechanics which make the game feel as if it were designed to be fun or intriguing to it's audience.

A great game is a game with "Unity" all of this and more along with it's own atmosphere or plot or artstyle. Something about it that gets you hooked. A "reeling" aspect of the game.

Hope that helped.  

Edited by oOSinox

In a non specific abstract way what I think of as fun in games is "small moments of fun". This of course is a variable thing. It could be a fast paced battle, a few well placed gun shots, finding some hidden location or puzzle etc...

Even something tedious such as farming crafting materials can seem fun if the game play has that thirty seconds of fun feel. For this I'll give an example based solely on my personal opinion. In Warframe if I need to farm a material I go in and play the game. It's basically a string of small bursts of enemies with gameplay mechanics. In many "standard faire" mmo farming materials often means clicking a node repeatedly and walking. It's not engaging in any way so there's no opportunity for the burst of fun. Often times because of this you get players who avoid crafting entirely.