Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino in void missions not using the "up" forcefields

rartist

An issue that I have been seeing for a while when taking my Rhino Prime to the void, and trying to use the "up" force field waterfall things, that the Rhino P isn't affected by them. I wind up having to climb the walls. Otherwise RP just sits the same as any other location.

LUrbqqa.jpg

Silver Grove Hotfix #1; still broken. Rhino still unresponsive to up force fields. I can still get by with climbing the walls.

Also, my son plays WF on the PS4, and complained of his Rhino getting stuck the same way in the previous version of PS4 WF.

Also during the bug-check I encountered in invulnerable Artic Eximus Corpus at Oxomoco. Had to abort the mission.

In the void, specially in time trial rooms there are various areas with water and wind that can lift players.

After sometimes just falling through these I decided to make some tests and found out that iron skin makes the player not be lifted by those.

I believe this also affect rhino prime since a similar post from march 30 also reports this bug.

On all of these they were working just fine without iron skin. Sadly I can't record it but I hope these screenshots will suffice.

http://imgur.com/a/6YjYR

This also affects the waterfalls (both up and down) and the conveyor belts on Ceres.

It is also present on Nezha's Warding Halo

My best guess is that these movement inducing environment effects are cleansed by these abilities as if they were a status proc

It would be interesting to test the launch pads on Europa, and also whether other status cleansers can stop Warframes being affected in the same places

• Status effect immunity includes crowd-controlling effects such as knockdowns and staggers. Energy drains from Ancient Disrupters, including the small amounts of energy they drain with each melee attack, are resisted. However, Eximus energy drains and Nauseous Crawler disables are not resisted by Iron Skin.
  • Status effect immunity includes crowd-controlling effects such as knockdowns and staggers. Energy drains from Ancient Disruptors, including the small amounts of energy they drain with each melee attack, are resisted. However, Eximus energy drains and the speed reduction caused by the mucus of Tar-Mutalist MOAs are not resisted by Warding Halo.

From http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Skin
and
From http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warding_Halo

Probably a bug with the skill's passive effect. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ran Maroo's Ayatan treasure mission, and ran into the Void parkour room. I ran my main, Rhino, and got the laser hole + giant fan parkour room, where you fall really far and then fly really high. Except, Rhino doesn't. The big void fan doesn't pick Rhino up at all. I have to wall jump up the sides, and I fail b/c of some stupid timer. And Rhino doesn't get picked up (sometimes) by Corpus fans either on Jupiter. Please fix that, pronto. I'll post pics, vid if need be.

I've run into this problem several times, Rhino does fly about 20% of the time.

I did have the stalker spawn on me in there once, the fan worked perfectly on Rhino while the Stalker assisted me in testing by teleporting me to the bottom over and over again. I think i got about 20 test flights that run. The fan did stop working on Rhino after the Stalker left though.

2 hours ago, selimsrm said:

I've run into this problem several times, Rhino does fly about 20% of the time.

I did have the stalker spawn on me in there once, the fan worked perfectly on Rhino while the Stalker assisted me in testing by teleporting me to the bottom over and over again. I think i got about 20 test flights that run. The fan did stop working on Rhino after the Stalker left though.

Stalker dispels buffs like Iron Skin, so no wonder it wouldn't pose a problem :P

Yeah as NinjaZeku mentioned, there's no randomness to it, it's because Iron Skin is up. It prevents enemy displacement abilities (except some random attacks like the white bursa), and somehow also includes that fan. As a possible workaround until they fix it, let enemies remove your iron skin before you start to run the challenge.

Edited by Silphy

On 9/22/2016 at 4:10 PM, Silphy said:

Yeah as NinjaZeku mentioned, there's no randomness to it, it's because Iron Skin is up. It prevents enemy displacement abilities (except some random attacks like the white bursa), and somehow also includes that fan. As a possible workaround until they fix it, let enemies remove your iron skin before you start to run the challenge.

*Just stares and blinks for a few seconds*

Well, that's something I didn't think to try...

• 1 month later...

I was wondering why Rhino wasn't able to fly up the force lifts. I had the same issue in the trial chamber with the giant force lift and the room with the giant tree in the middle where you can fall and find a secret room, but I think in both situations I had the Iron Skin on.

These are the places:

1) At the top of the giant force lift in the trial chamber (had to climb manually up :sad: )

A9EA73A60D3EE8EC678FD2C6BC044C622028AB50

2)a) The room with the giant tree

F970F712D9378548A29ECEBE6E9D0D178BDDCA39

2)b) Secret room under the giant tree with the lift

34B6F70B6607CF19D310458B7D6E93806FBA827B