Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duplicate items need a purpose

Xekrin

We have far too many items that once you've obtained them are nothing but meager credit fodder.  I'm not just talking about vanilla frame parts (oberon), but vanilla weapons, weapon skins, and helmets.  Things that pop up on alerts that once you get them you don't have a reason to get them again.

It would be great if such items were actually used for something.  Cosmetics are a bit difficult to consider for much of any purpose considering they can't be used in any way to improve gameplay.  Excluding that single skin that has 5% speed on it, which why is that the only one that exists?

Weapons, on the other hand, getting every dark sword or glaive alert should mean something more than just, "oh, got that already, should I get it again just in case it happens to someday maybe be used in a blueprint for another weapon? I used to do every vauban alert (just realized I haven't seen one in a while) despite already having him built just because they are rare as heck.

And not just those, though I know it would require little effort other than time for someone to craft a bunch of market weapons but I mean like, I have 10 Dread bps. I'm certain others have dozens more than that.

Surely a purpose can be conceived that would put duplicates to good use?  Right now the only farmable and/or reusable items are resources and a few select things like forma and potatoes.

Personally after obtaining a blueprint for a helmet or weapon from an alert I do not yet have, I just consider it a waste of an alert.  Even more so than those crummy credit only alerts.

I don't mean they should be made tradeable either, I'm not looking for another way to make platinum.  Prime parts, for example, are ducat fodder.  Arcanes, arguably the most difficult item to farm, are tradeable and require 10 to make them powerful.

Isn't there something we could do with all these other duplicate items to make them worthwhile to get?  I'm talking just things that are alert only or enemy drops, it obviously shouldn't extend to market bps that would take nothing but credits to get multiples of.

Warframe parts are, lore-wise anyway, supposed to be this rare and valuable commodity.  Alad V craves them, we must accomplish quests to get some of them, yet most drop like candy and are mysteriously sold to "someone" for credits.  Are we really providing Alad V with warframe bps after all?

Credits are about the only use. 

I don't really think that duplicate alert items etc need a purpose beyond being worth a few bucks. 

In most cases you expend nothing to get them, unlike void items which require relics and seperate farming. 

As far as warframe parts go, the drops are you taking back blueprints that the boss has obtained in some nefarious way. You send them back to the Lotus for safekeeping, the credits are a reward for recovering sensitive info. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Jennison99 said:

they do have a purpose. they are credit fodder.

1 hour ago, TrueHawkEye said:

You can sell the extra parts, blueprints, segments for credits which we all probably have a lot of, last time I sold the extras I got close to 8 mill credits.

Yes I mentioned they are nothing but credit fodder, which is the entire point of the thread.  To be something else.  And yeah I have 17 mil and haven't even sold anything in a year, that is just from missions.  I've also bought void trader items and maxed out several Primed and normal mods.  17mil is leftovers.  We have enough credits.

1 hour ago, FINNSTAR7 said:

wat

Oberon parts are the most excessively dropped bps in the game, that's wat, or rather what I'm talking about.  I have over 300 of each part or more.  I don't exactly need credits so they just sit there doing nothing.  All other frames other than the quest ones also pile up pretty well from boss farms.

19 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Oberon parts are the most excessively dropped bps in the game, that's wat, or rather what I'm talking about.  I have over 300 of each part or more.  I don't exactly need credits so they just sit there doing nothing.  All other frames other than the quest ones also pile up pretty well from boss farms.

But you called Oberon parts Vanilla...or were you saying Oberon is not Vanilla yet his parts still drops like Vanilla parts?

29 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Yes I mentioned they are nothing but credit fodder, which is the entire point of the thread.  To be something else.  And yeah I have 17 mil and haven't even sold anything in a year, that is just from missions.  I've also bought void trader items and maxed out several Primed and normal mods.  17mil is leftovers.  We have enough credits.

But a lot of people for some reason don't have the income like we do an forget the little things that add up fast since they drop commonly to give them a temporally boost in credits. I find darksectors tend to pay off more than anything else.