Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Solve Lag Issue

Xanders9

Question

I can play warfame just fine at 30-60 fps on my old laptop.

Is just that while I'm in game when I go deeper into the levels my game lags almost freezing with a ping of 3500+, it doesn't happen while I'm in the liset.

I've decided to monitor what is warframe doing when this happens, my download is spiking very high, it seems to be downloading something from map2.hwcdn.net:http

and sending data to address*

I got these info from Process Monitor.

Edited by Xanders9

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Xanders9 said:

@LSG501: I've capped my framerate to prevent overheating without frame limiting it can go up to 80-120fps, its an old computer I'm playing on 800x600 resolution.

You could maybe try a different server region too.... different routing paths from your home to the server and as such other players may make a difference too.... but playing at a tiny res doesn't always help either as the gpu might not be at full performance.  Also if you're overheating the whole laptop could be throttling making it slower

11 hours ago, Xanders9 said:

and sending data to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4950

Missed that bit.... that IP address (you really should remove it to stop them getting attacked) appears to be the name server for digitalocean which is a cloud storage/networking company, it's entirely possible the host is on a vpn which could slow it down too.

lags dont only come from your computer or your router,

the host (the leader of the squad, with that number 1) too is one of the source of lags if the host doesnt have a decent PC or router and have a bad internet connection.

Even the mightiest PC will experiencing lags if the host have a bad internet connection XD

where do you get the 30-60fps... if it's in the liset then the likely cause of your lag is because your laptop isn't up to the task of processing and displaying a heavier area of a map. 

Some of the maps can get pretty intensive and require higher requirements for the cpu/gpu and ram.

@catastrophy: Yes, I'm using Wifi

@mobilehacker: Nope I don't own that skin

@LSG501: I've capped my framerate to prevent overheating without frame limiting it can go up to 80-120fps, its an old computer I'm playing on 800x600 resolution.

I've done some more testing, seems my connection has a hard time pinging warframe servers with almost 20-300 ping delay pretty unstable, maybe I just needed a more solid connection. Gonna try this at a friends place with better Internet.