Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Alert Nonsense

Zeyami

If you're going to make these things 20 relatively harder waves with no kind of checkpoint or anything like that, DE, at least let players join after the first wave.

It sure was fun losing on wave 19 when we would've easily won if we had an 4th person.

If you're going to make these things 20 relatively harder waves with no kind of checkpoint or anything like that, DE, at least let players join after the first wave.

It sure was fun losing on wave 19 when we would've easily won if we had an 4th person.

Honestly.... the alerts are already easy enough...... the amounts of waves needed are pretty lame, and easier than our average duo farm into the highest def lvls... without even full team, full OP composition or anything.

One fully OP player is enough to carry a full squad through 20 waves easy.

If you went to rank your frames to the alert with nub squad, you can't really just go ranting and blaming because you didn't make it :/

I am yet to be even close to fail one of this alerts.... and i've done some of them with only myself and just one more people :/

In a run with a full team, we ALMOST failed one, because somehow (not exactly sure) all of us were downed at once, by one Shockwave Moa. We were all at full health, and 2 of us were at full shield (690s/690h in my case) then BOOM, Gone. I had to use a Revive, then res the team. Artifact got down to 8% while i did that. But that was a total glitch, nobody's fault. And other than that, everything was cake. The first misson i went with my friend, nobody else, with my Excalibur-30....But he was a dumbass and took his Ash-8. We still won pretty easily...So these missions look a hell of a lot harder than they really are.

Honestly.... the alerts are already easy enough...... the amounts of waves needed are pretty lame, and easier than our average duo farm into the highest def lvls... without even full team, full OP composition or anything.

One fully OP player is enough to carry a full squad through 20 waves easy.

If you went to rank your frames to the alert with nub squad, you can't really just go ranting and blaming because you didn't make it :/

I am yet to be even close to fail one of this alerts.... and i've done some of them with only myself and just one more people :/

You are the BEST. Maybe you needed that, I don't know. I felt compelled to compliment you.

I now feel like I should be seeing guides on how to solo defense missions. I'm really curious to how I can improve my success rate and become amazing at defense missions as well. I mean, I must be pretty fail to have so much trouble. :(

Good for you, but the complaints hit pretty close to home for me.. there's a very strange manner of difficulty differential here.

You sound upset for not being as good =/

Just keep at it, a good deal of what is complained about has to do with people having either not being skilled at movement and thus damage avoidance while allowing themselves to deal damage, or having the right weapons/warframe in other cases.  This also leads to finding themselves in bad situations etc.

As to a guide on it, that can be a bit difficult, though knowing the defense maps and how spawns operate on these maps, can greatly improve your chances so that you are better able to control where fights occur.

Can be done on those easily, as well as Trinity, Ember, Vauban and Banshee.  Mag can even do it... which says a lot.

To answer you directly no those you listed are not the only ones that I've done it on.

This is possible because I've done it, suck it up, says the 500 hour mastery rank 21 to the 10 hour newbie.

Trust me, I did it on every frame I've owned, says the person with 15 frames to the newbie with one or two.

A. No
B. If you can do it on such a wide variety of frames, this simply means it's more an issue of weapons than frames, which acquire a more substantial time/investment to get.

Edited by Aishi

A. No

B. If you can do it on such a wide variety of frames, this simply means it's more an issue of weapons than frames, which acquire a more substantial time/investment to get.

Exactly, also remember the mods. Multi-Shot, Serration, Hornet Strike, Elemental Damage mods at high level are very helpful on damage, but also remember that they likely have high level Redirection, Vitality, Flow, Streamline, etc.

I like how the OP is an Initiate, meaning Mastery Rank 1, just starting the game (in theory), while the people saying that the Alert was too easy are, what, Disciples or better?

I do agree with this. I am all for harder alerts but making event alerts with 30+ defense rounds is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.

I am not new or a vet. Around 40-60 hours invested. Currently a Rank3 but I am till on my first Frame (mainly because I am meticulously completing all missions in order based on level). Let just say as a mag with average weapons, these alerts are impossible for me. When mobs get around lv60, it takes about 5+ clips to down a elite enemy.

Ultimately these type of missions create a barrier of entry. New players who haven payed money to max out their weapons early or unlocked defense farming frames are completely cut out from this content. And when your packing these events with exclusive items, I feel its a just to unfair to the newer members of our community. I absolutely think having frames that excel at defnese is a good thing, it adds niche roles that increases the depth of frames. But to make niche frame roles a barrier of entry for new players is absolutely wrong way to go.

I also highly disapprove of this elitist "go home scrub, we pros have sunk in the time to be this good. You have no right even touching these alerts. Go sink in 300 hours and come back, and then maybe you will be ready for these alerts."

Edited by Maochao

The problem with these alerts are that they are super easy for the "pros" above who according to them can basically solo them, but they are almost impossible for the average player. Most players have to go into a pug which has various skill levels in it and these 20 round defense missions are a lot harder for them. I got the corrosive projectile on the first alert they did for the event, but only because a decked out Vauban and Nyx carried me and another person. Just because you've spent a bunch of money on this game and bought all the best things doesnt mean the game is too easy. It may be easy for you, but you have to look at through the average persons point of view.

Poor you. I had to solo to wave 3. I lost because of my own stupidity, which is what annoys me. Against the corpus. But seriously, poor you.

"Your situation sucked but mine was worse! Stop complaining despite the fact that we both still suffered! My suffering automatically makes yours invalid!"

As for my input on this event. I feel that the missions would feel more worth it if there was the normal rewards every 5 rounds. Knowing that you are doing 25 rounds for 5 mods and an artifact would really help morale. Whenever I played the missions, I noticed that after about 15 rounds people would get tired or frustrated, and stop marking mods and rare materials because they just stopped caring.

Edited by Kaidinah

This is possible because I've done it, suck it up, says the 500 hour mastery rank 21 to the 10 hour newbie.

Trust me, I did it on every frame I've owned, says the person with 15 frames to the newbie with one or two.

A. No

This is in regards to solo'ing.  A team of 4 who has access to the planets that most of the events took place on should not have a whole lot of difficulty completing these.

If you do fail, ask for help?

Classic case of U8 they block content, people get mad, they do this event, that anyone has access to if they have the planet or ask to be brought with, people get mad because they can't complete it.

Edited by Enot83

This is in regards to solo'ing.  A team of 4 who has access to the planets that most of the events took place on should not have a whole lot of difficulty completing these.

If you do fail, ask for help?

Classic case of U8 they block content, people get mad, they do this event, that anyone has access to if they have the planet or ask to be brought with, people get mad because they can't complete it.

Everyone is not one person.

Just some heads up these defence missions arent actually on new maps, they are on current defence ones, so the only real content thats different during the event are the rewards.  They also play much the same as defence ones but without the 5 tier 'safe point' hurdles, the counter just goes down instead of up.

The big difference aside from rewards are what you are protecting.

So I wouldn't say your missing out on content, as more than likely the artifacts will be added to the general artifact pool as it goes.

I'm an average player, though I got potatoed Loki, reset with1 forma and up to 26 level again. I went with snipetron~26, kunai~24, potatoed and cronus ~ 15 with forma. but my mods are average. With pug team we failed around 50% time on 22-25th wave with heavies swarming pod despite my decoy setup in plain view(Sometimes they just ignore him and go for the pod). Other 50% time we failed simply of mob stuck somewhere in terrain. With time needed to beat def of 20-30 waves, you generally get only 1 try as alert will end by the time you fail/win. I find this ridiculous.