Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more starting tiles

Sigmas71

You know, the landing room for each tileset. Also the extraction rooms, though i think these have a bit more variety.

My point is that, even though the maps are randomly generated, a whole lot of immersion is lost when missions start and end in the exact same way. This problem is most apparent when you're grinding (which is always)  making it really difficult to ignore the fact that you're playing the same missions again and again forever. Perhaps i'm alone in this but its been bugging me for a while now.

I would love for more entry and exit rooms to be added, but there would have to be a lot of new ones to make a difference. Perhaps we could benefit from a system where more of the existing tiles can be randomly used for extracting or infiltrating. For the ship tilesets, it's often been suggested that we could smash a window and extract via archwing - not actually playing archwing to extract, but rather just have an animation of it play after we jump through, as the end screen shows. Or maybe you do want to play a little archwing towards the end, i wouldn't mind. Not terribly. I don't know how it would work for in-atmosphere missions, i hope some tiles can be modified and used.  

Edited by Sigmas71