Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A veteran Xbox One player who hasn't spent a penny on this game. Is it time to?

(XBOX)McGeek42

Question

With ≈ 2 Years of playing this game on and off, 600+ hours, [insert other insurmountable feat here], I have experienced this game far more than a good amount of people ever will. That's because I don't plan to ever stop playing Warframe. There have been a month or two here and there when I decide to give another game a go, but I always find myself gravitating back towards Warframe. I said bye to the hated Stamina bar, and I said bye to the beloved 'coptering' system. I've said bye to friends who've spent 1000's of platinum on me, and I've said bye to Clans that ask me to donate so much, only to kick me for personal reasons. What I'm saying is, is that this game is a constant in my life. A constant that I will stay with until the end. That being said, I support DE, and I'm thinking it's about time I actually start showing it. The only problem is, I've been able to boast all my feats as a 100% 'Free to Play' player. I'm afraid that if I drop some money on this game, just for the principal of support, that I might be taking away it's most attractive feature. Honestly, I really would like to hear the communities stance on what I should do. Pay for some plat, and boast that I support DE, or continue earning my way through a completely Free experience. Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, (XB1)McGeek42 said:

With ≈ 2 Years of playing this game on and off, 600+ hours, [insert other insurmountable feat here], I have experienced this game far more than a good amount of people ever will. That's because I don't plan to ever stop playing Warframe. There have been a month or two here and there when I decide to give another game a go, but I always find myself gravitating back towards Warframe. I said bye to the hated Stamina bar, and I said bye to the beloved 'coptering' system. I've said bye to friends who've spent 1000's of platinum on me, and I've said bye to Clans that ask me to donate so much, only to kick me for personal reasons. What I'm saying is, is that this game is a constant in my life. A constant that I will stay with until the end. That being said, I support DE, and I'm thinking it's about time I actually start showing it. The only problem is, I've been able to boast all my feats as a 100% 'Free to Play' player. I'm afraid that if I drop some money on this game, just for the principal of support, that I might be taking away it's most attractive feature. Honestly, I really would like to hear the communities stance on what I should do. Pay for some plat, and boast that I support DE, or continue earning my way through a completely Free experience. Thoughts?

Buy platinum for cosmetics and farm what is farmable. That way you wont take away from the experience but at the same time ull supoort DE and have some good looking frames 

if you're worried about boasting and bragging, then i guess it doesn't matter what you choose, you'll still be just trying to mentally think you're better than other people for no remotely relevant reason.

so neither option is a good one then.

i would say the best thing about f2p games is that you can pay what you think its worth. personally i think that a game that has kept me interested and playing for 2ish years is worth my money, so yes i think you probs should buy something to support the devs if you think the game is worth it

If your problem is that you get something for real money instead of achieving it in-game - why not do a give-away? Do a contest if you like, or just gift things to kind dudes you come across.

Would be a win-win, in my book. DE gets money, you get to show them appreciation for that product that got you hundreds of hours of enjoyment, and you get to hand out little slices of happiness to others.

Edited by Maelor

If you are really big about not spending money or platinum on things you can "earn" in game though dedication and grinding,, and want to pay something, I highly recommend buying a Prime Accessories pack at some point, as those are purely cosmetic items that can only be purchased with money, not platinum from trades, only money. 

Or, as mentioned above, merely buy some platinum and gift items to players.