Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 3 - Jackal assassination advice?

k05h

Question

I had to play the sortie 3 Jackal assassination twice to get it done. The first time our team spent almost all revives for the boss fight. After killing Jackal when we rushed to the exit we got bursa'ed (Drover bursa) and rushed down by mobs. After the first two ppl had to leave (no more revives left) we could not hold our ground and also ran out of revives. Second time went a bit better but I had no revives left once I reached the exit.

We have no real strategy other than shoot Jackal, hide behind the pillars and kill his adds when they spawned. 

The first time I went in with Mag and the second time with Nezha. My Primary had high impact and magnetic and my secondary puncture and corrosive. What could be done better? Other frames or another strategy?

11 answers to this question

Slow Nova will make Jackal easier to damage while slowing him down, Banshee using Sonar can put weakspots on it along with augmented Sonic Fracture to strip armor.  Trinity blessing can mitigate your damage taken.  Jackal is armored so use a corrosive modded weapon to strip its armor.  Mag is not going to do you many favors in this fight since magnetize will screw with you being able to hit the weakpoints in a timely manner.  Remember you can jump the leading edge of the stomp to avoid being knocked down too.

If you have frost build for efficiency, range and duration for avalanche. This will freeze many enemies meters away from you for a good amount of time. Also, bring pure elemental damage type weapons as the enemies are immune to physical damage.

Now for Jackal, bring something with AOE damage. I used Quanta vandal status magnetic and toxic build to quickly proc the shield off of jackal and then switched to staticor to wreck his legs. Once he's disabled spam avalanche and blast away!

Hope this helped in some way.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

Could always grab a bless/balanced Trinity, Nova, and a bunch of heks/tigris/variants. Few shots to the legs to get Jackal to crouch down then shots to the head, should be over. Though I haven't actually used Nova MP against Jackal in a very long time so I don't know if there's that diminishing cc protection applying to MP that some bosses have.

I forget what the actually quick kill cheese was for Jackal.

pubbed it, took 3 minutes (2,5 to get to the boss)

we only had 2 corrosive projection auras, but i brought bless trin, and had the link augment, so jackal didn't have armor.

Other 2 players had nova and mirage (and we had a random 4th, maybe valkyr?) you guess what happened.