Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iai - The Art Of Drawing The Sword: Yes, Give Us Quick Draw Now!

Disthe

Anybody think of equip a katana able to cast battōjutsu?

Rapid melee attack and charge slash with "iai".

I know that's a samurai technique but it can mold into ninja style.

...The martial art called Iaido, which is associated with removing the sword from the saya, cutting an opponent, removing the blood from the blade, and replacing the blade back into the saya in one swift, fluid motion. In samurai or ninja anime/manga, it is visualized as a faster-than-light attack or series of attacks that cut an opponent or several opponents to ribbons.

iaido_01-300x200.jpg

The very feature of this katana is the scabbard.

1. Darksouls

Maybe we can use this for a charge attack?

Stunning example!

2. Way of Samurai 3

Thx for the reminder from 'CapricaSix'

3. Samurai Spirit Sen - Ukyo

Edited by Disthe

I'm not sure, but I think the TC is speaking of the martial art called Iaido, which is associated with removing the sword from the saya, cutting an opponent, removing the blood from the blade, and replacing the blade back into the saya in one swift, fluid motion. In samurai or ninja anime/manga, it is visualized as a faster-than-light attack or series of attacks that cut an opponent or several opponents to ribbons.

I don't have a video sample at the moment, but it can look quite badass.

I'm not sure, but I think the TC is speaking of the martial art called Iaido, which is associated with removing the sword from the saya, cutting an opponent, removing the blood from the blade, and replacing the blade back into the saya in one swift, fluid motion. In samurai or ninja anime/manga, it is visualized as a faster-than-light attack or series of attacks that cut an opponent or several opponents to ribbons.

I don't have a video sample at the moment, but it can look quite badass.

+1 All the way, even if its a 150 power skill.

... Yup.

Edited by Resolveee

Should be around 0:18

Maybe we can use this for a charge attack?

What a good example :D

Thanks for you guys explanation!

I've posted more details for reference.

I am wondering if this is already in develop team's mind. That's a really cool art!

That's not a scabbard on ash...It's a gun lol

Having a sword+scabbard combo would make for a cool and new weapon type. It obviously won't work with the existing swords, as they all just stick to the back, but having new swords that include the scabbard would be cool.

Edited by Tetsmeha

i favour this...as this is one of my all time fav animes...(im pretty sure some of u too)

Ruroni Keshin =)

That's not a scabbard on ash...It's a gun lol

Damn it...

Wrong example deleted =/

no, turning them into actual samurais would break immersion.

Some guys play Rambo style with a minigun. I just slash Grineer in a more slient way, what's wrong? lol

These men claim this is ninja iaido. Warframe can do better than this, no doubt.

Edited by Disthe

Just made another topic about this without realizing this one was here ^^" YES, GIVE US QUICK DRAW NOW!

Permission Allowed!

I realised this post it so easy to be unseen, even I myself is hard to find this among rows of posts...darn

Edited by Disthe

Zhou Tai wielding katana in Iai:

Dynasty Warriors 7

Start from 0:39

Watching 1:02-1:05 of this video made me burst out laughing, and I can't quite explain why. I think it's how ridiculous the animation and combination movement is...

Anyway. On topic: Great idea, if it's handled elegantly (Dark Souls example) and not stupidly over the top (pretty much every other video here), it could be a really cool addition to the game. I think melee is in desperate need of more variety and such.

I like this ninja immersion and assassination. Reminded me Acquire has produced another series "Gladiator".

I enjoy the Gloves fighting style in Gladiator Begins, hope the one in Warframe can be improved : /

Watching 1:02-1:05 of this video made me burst out laughing, and I can't quite explain why. I think it's how ridiculous the animation and combination movement is...

1:02-1:05, those are "jump canel" a part of the combo system I know that's weird. lol

This would be good idea. Although it begs the question do we want a more realistic form of battojutsu/IAI or do we want it more exaggerated?

I would be fine with either, both of them look cool in their own ways.

Although, as a Dynasty Warriors player with my favorite officer being Zhou Tai, I would be ecstatic to have an exaggerated attack similar to his in this game.