Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Mod Slot Expansion?

Hixlysss

I'm just curious if there is the possibility of allowing warframes or weapons to expand the number of mods they can have equipped. I mean with polarity and reactors we can now easily fit high level mods on a warframe, so why not expand on that a little bit and allow us have more mods on it.

I have a few ideas on how to do this. Introduce a system similar to Polarizing, need special item and reset the weapon/warframe to 0 rank but it gets an extra mod slot, just one per use. How ever to balance it out so it's not "OP" this slot could either be not effected by polarizing, or the new system would require you to remove a polarization to add the mod slot, meaning you polarize it first then you expand it second. The latter option allowing you to polarize all the slots, if you wish to spend the time and money to do so.

Of course this would be limited to how many you can add on, I'm thinking limiting to 4, just another row of mod slots that can either be polarized, or not, depending on how it needs to be balanced out. I'm sort of suggesting this because of possible new mods coming in, such as the grapple hook, and on top of that it's hard to choose between putting something like...vitality or redirection when you have a bunch of stuff on it already.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Flaming Hatred of how this is OP? Post comments below!

not really so much OP as.... unnecessary?

there are few weps that can really take advantage of all mids. some dont have the crit while others are super ammo efficient and others still that have fast reloads.

what i mean is after you put in all the damage mods you can fit in there ... there is very little else you can really do with them. some weps already feel just fine with only a few forma. any more and what you can get out of those last bits of mod power is minor. with somet just having extra mod power for no good reason.

with new mods down the line similar to thunderbolt maybe. but at that point it feels like extra.

also i might be mistake but i think the grapple hook turns your wep INTO a grapple hook. as in you cant really use it as a weapon anymore.

at least to be honest i hope thats the effect it has. makes such mods interesting choices. as opposed to one wep that does all the things. and is also a wep. and has 4 other slots for more mods to boot?

i dono. too much for no good reason.

just my opinion.

not really so much OP as.... unnecessary?

there are few weps that can really take advantage of all mids. some dont have the crit while others are super ammo efficient and others still that have fast reloads.

what i mean is after you put in all the damage mods you can fit in there ... there is very little else you can really do with them. some weps already feel just fine with only a few forma. any more and what you can get out of those last bits of mod power is minor. with somet just having extra mod power for no good reason.

with new mods down the line similar to thunderbolt maybe. but at that point it feels like extra.

also i might be mistake but i think the grapple hook turns your wep INTO a grapple hook. as in you cant really use it as a weapon anymore.

at least to be honest i hope thats the effect it has. makes such mods interesting choices. as opposed to one wep that does all the things. and is also a wep. and has 4 other slots for more mods to boot?

i dono. too much for no good reason.

just my opinion.

Well that is true, I was suggesting this for people who, despite the gun being ammo efficient, some people still would like to cram as much stuff onto a weapon as possible.

Well that is true, I was suggesting this for people who, despite the gun being ammo efficient, some people still would like to cram as much stuff onto a weapon as possible.

While I see what you are suggesting, at this time, expanding the number of mods would basically mean, cram all on each set you love, while this could be awesome in the short term it would mean little real consequence in choice.You would always chose all if you can use all. They may do something similar later but that will be after some major time/updating has occured. When there are more options and it would still be meaninful to choose. my 2 credits.

Eh, I find it hard to fill up the 8 we have already, given that 6 of them are necessary on any gun and when maxed out they take up more than 60 points. To get any use out of the extra slots I'd probably have to Forma every slot I have, just to get the points available, and frankly I'm not that dedicated to increasing my reload speed.

I like the idea of increasing the level of customisation, but what I feel the system really needs is an alternative to the 6 slot Multishot-Base Damage%-Elemental Damage% monobuild. That build is simply the best way to build a weapon and fills up the entire weapon which is unfortunate and makes me wonder why they even bother letting us customise our weapons if that's our endgame build no matter what.

As much as I'd like to put on my Excal Redirection, Vitality, Fast Deflection, Continuity, Focus, Flow, Rush, MasterThief, Streamline, Reach, Marathon and Quick Rest at the same time, aside from all four powers, part of the game is to decide the combination of mods that fits better with your frame role and your playstyle.

The same goes for weapons but at a reduced scale, as MetalGerbil said, there are few weapons that would need one or two slots more.

How about introducing a new mechanic of fusing the mods into weapons? Perhaps to balance it they can make it where you can only do it once.

Or maybe put a kill count on the weapon. After a certain number of kills, you get a chance to fuse a mod into the weapon.

OR MAYBE make it where you can fuse a mod to the weapon once the weapon has 4 or more slots polarized...

or all of the above?

Idk, I think the idea of mod expansion is nice, but I could see how it would make the system a bit unbalanced. It's a fine suggestion either way.

Edit: Or even a new item like forma/reactor/catalyst that allows 1 fused mod.

Edited by silentdrumr