Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration

I3enG

I'm so mad right know you can't even imagine.
I tried these weekend alerts like 3-4times but I could only finish 1!

Why? Because everytime  we managed to get to last 3-5waves with the team host migration occured, which ended up losing the artifact in an instant or leaving me alone versus high level ancients...
Then I join in again "okay this time it won't happen I'm sure" and again! fuuuuuuu waste of 20-30min no mods noxp

I wasted about 3hours without winning almost any of these alerts. And  before you say it must be your internet or something on your end. - no! I hosted/joined any other type of games and it was smooth.

The host migration issues have been in the game since they introduced the feature. At least it ended you back in the game instead of the main menus like it does to most people who undergo a host migration.

I had a few issues with host migrations as well during the event this weekend, it just wasn't a good event to do with random pugs. Even with a ping limit of 200 I was still getting plenty of lag from the hosts that I would join as well. There were people in my clan saying that they had even set their ping limit to 100 and were still joining laggy games.

I feel your pain,i had to redo alot of this artifact missions due to the host migration,sometimes it even hangs during the host migration leaving me with no rewards.I hated it when it happened during the final few waves especially from waves 1-9,there was a moment where there were only 3 waves left and than a sudden disconnection just kicks in....

This did not really occur alot during the early days of warframe,was able to join people smoothly in and out now joining games is a pain as:

-I either can't find a player to join with during a mission

-No quickplay feature to group you up automatically to any of the mission in the planets

-Contact list unressponsive

@Clarencezer

The biggest reason that joining can be a pain currently is the ping limit that people are setting on their clients. It defaults to 300 but most people are lowering it to 100 and it means that not as many groups are available to join. And the contact lists dont help, especially when they show people as offline that you know are online.

I had a few host migrations at 1 wave remaining. And had reports from some clan mates that while it successfully migrated them to their own game it dumped them back to the very first wave of the defense and no one could join them because of the "Objective has already been completed" message.