Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nier: Automata Gamescom Interview

PsychedelicSnake

Just now, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Nice, but I've scene through hype and what it does. It seems dangerous for them [developers].

I'm familiar enough with both Yoko Taro and Platinum to know that my hype is generally well-placed. Platinum especially, since they are both getting the money they need AND the time they need, so I'm fairly certain that the gameplay, at the very least, will be as good as MGR or Bayonetta.

1 minute ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I'm familiar enough with both Yoko Taro and Platinum to know that my hype is generally well-placed. Platinum especially, since they are both getting the money they need AND the time they need, so I'm fairly certain that the gameplay, at the very least, will be as good as MGR or Bayonetta.

Also STEAM VERSION. That's already a go for me

1 minute ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I've read some negative things on /v/ about the gameplay length. It being that sidequests would take an overwhelming majority in overall gameplay time..

Just now, RetiredEdgeLord said:

I've read some negative things on /v/ about the gameplay length. It being that sidequests would take an overwhelming majority in overall gameplay time..

The sidequests in which game? If you mean Nier, that's the original. It was a flawed game for sure, but despite that it was still very much beloved. Since Nier Automata's gameplay and combat is being handled by Platinum, you can bet that the side mechanics and gameplay will be more streamlined and fluid. Granted, Yoko Taro will still stick his weird stuff all over the place, but things will be better off I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

The sidequests in which game? If you mean Nier, that's the original. It was a flawed game for sure, but despite that it was still very much beloved. Since Nier Automata's gameplay and combat is being handled by Platinum, you can bet that the side mechanics and gameplay will be more streamlined and fluid. Granted, Yoko Taro will still stick his weird stuff all over the place, but things will be better off I'm sure.

Seemed to be directed to Automata, will have to search through pc history later.

1 minute ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Seemed to be directed to Automata, will have to search through pc history later.

I doubt it'd be directed at Automata, since there's been no reveal of the side mechanics or overall gameplay progression at all. All that's been shown off so far is the general gameplay and the visual aesthetics. Haven't been any leaks either, from what I recall.