The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preventing One Rusher From Ruining It For Everyone

CaptainHammer

Aren't the rewards different in solo play... Isn't that why "rushers" join pubs in the first place??? I like going fast I am basically a "rusher" but I have had it happen to me that I just could not keep up and once they get a little lead the mobs in there wake after having a relatively clear path themselves are now bunched together right in the center of the "path" very annoying indeed.

OK, so maybe I am the only one who has ever had this happen. I am farming a boss but some jerk joins in and just speeds through the level. My farm is not so fast but he aggros every room and I have to trudge through while he zips ahead, kills the boss and then speeds to the end. The waypoint for the boss is gone, I can’t find the room and I ether have to rush to the exit or lose my credits.

This was really getting to me and a few others. This guy would ruin it for the group of us. Then a wonderful thing happened, he hit a door that requires more than one person to open. We made the SOB wait for a good long while.

This gave me an idea. All doors leading to bosses should require more than one person to open. This works out well for everyone. Rusher can’t ruin it for a group that doesn’t feel like rushing, and a group that’s really rushing will have more than one person in the lead.

Not going to lie, might have been me.

Edited by ReconZ3X

I fully support the "Yellow Boss Door" concept and can't see anything other that dodging arguments against it. It also adds to the feel of "here we go!" when you open that door. i.e. avoiding the "oh, is that this room now?" feeling.

+1'd for you OP. Just got out of a group with one of these super rusher types. The group was sticking together and keeping pace till we reached a series of elevators. With all of us steps behind he slides in and closes the door in our faces. There was no catching him after that. I alt f4'ed out. Didn't even care after that.