Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma: Aegis vs. Barrier

PossiblyMG

Question

Title.

I'm not running with vigor and since the scorn cap doesn't increase if you completely lose your shields and recharge them later, which would be better to keep shields up to get enough scorn?

Aegis has 6% chance for 60 shields per second, while Barrier has 4% chance to fully restore shields.

Should I go for either? Both? Neither and instead just put Redirection?

6 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure any shields lost while Vex Armor is active will add to Scorn until it caps. Have you considered using a Raksa Kubrow with Protect? I have found the shield restore to be very reliable, and Link Armor and Link Health are affected by Chroma's buffs from Elemental Ward and Vex Armor.

I have Barrier, but I don't have Aegis, so I can't compare them.

4 minutes ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

I'm pretty sure any shields lost while Vex Armor is active will add to Scorn until it caps. Have you considered using a Raksa Kubrow with Protect? I have found the shield restore to be very reliable, and Link Armor and Link Health are affected by Chroma's buffs from Elemental Ward and Vex Armor.

I have Barrier, but I don't have Aegis, so I can't compare them.

Taken this from the only informational post about Chroma with reliable sources of information: 

"[Only first time loss of shields is accounted for, not loss of shields regenerated later]"

16 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Taken this from the only informational post about Chroma with reliable sources of information: 

"[Only first time loss of shields is accounted for, not loss of shields regenerated later]"

Scorn definitely increases with shields lost after regen. Just tested it in the Simulacrum.

1 hour ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Scorn definitely increases with shields lost after regen. Just tested it in the Simulacrum.

I am able to reach over 2000% in scorn by using the same shield without running out, however if I run out before it stops working at 900/1.4k.

38 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

I am able to reach over 2000% in scorn by using the same shield without running out, however if I run out before it stops working at 900/1.4k.

1221% Scorn is reached with 349% strength. 2000% scorn would be reached using the Corrupted buff (2x strength and range) from Fissure missions after collecting 10/10 Reactant. Scorn increases with any damage to shields, before and after recharging, until it hits the cap.