Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overlay Map turns off

Karamethien

It seems to happen on maps with yellow objective markers.  Namely on Assassinations.

I have the overlay map on by default, and when the mission starts it won't be on.

When you kill the objective and maker switches it will shrink the overlay map back to mini-map.

Yeah, this seems to happen to me consistently with several triggers. My normally overlay style minimap reverts to the little one at the start of each mission, when hacking, when a boss cinematic begins, and probably more I'm forgetting. Not a huge to deal to press M each time and fix it, but it's amusingly disorienting until I do.

I do also have the prefered Option enabled for overlay yet pretty much any trigger that somehow affects the UI turns this option "off".

So far I have observed the following triggers that turn the map back to the Top-Left version:

- Cutscenes (i.e. Boss introductions)

- Hacking

- Mission Progress Windows (i. e. Continue after 5 Waves)

- Mission Start

- Killing the Obj. in Assassination

This is really irritating given how much I actually use the overlay map. It helps me tremendously to relax my eyes especially in melee when I mostly use this Map + Radar to keep track of what is actually going on in this disco-fever light-nightmare in front of me.

Can confirm that overlay map is turned on in settings but does nothing whatsoever, missions also start with mini-map on.
After manually accessing overlay map; cut screen sequences, etc. reverts back to mini-map.

Edited by ethreon

On 8/28/2016 at 10:27 AM, Chthamalus said:

I have the overlay option as preferred and the game is starting all missions without the overlay.  The overlay also reverts back between rounds of missions in addition to triggers listed by previous posters.  It is getting frustrating.

Confirming this as well.

Since they launched the silver grove update this has been a consistent issue I reported it many times but they still dont seem to fix it. today after the U1.1 the prefer overlay map option works if only remained in same squad (but will need to tuggle it by pressing M in the first run) but other than that only pressing M would bring the overlay map. I had same problem with players list and in similar manner if in the same squad the players list will trigger automatically but if started new mission the player list wont come up, but that seemed to be fixed in U1.1 so I hope they fix the overlay map soon as well.

• 1 month later...