Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove Flower Scanning - QOL suggestion

Mastikator2

In the Silver Grove quest to acquire Titania you have to scan a variety of flowers that spawn on certain tile sets.

Occasionally the flowers will not spawn at all and it can be very frustrating having gone through a mission only to find out the flowers didn't even spawn. Meaning you did the mission for nothing, it's a wild goose chase that has on every turn encouraged me to not play warframe. It's soul sucking.

One simple thing could fix this. When you enter a mission and the flowers are present on the map the New Loka woman (or maybe just Ordis) will pop up on the side and tell you that he's seeing signs of the flower. Sort of like how Simars will tell you that a synthesis target is present.

2bddMer.png

If there isn't any then just don't display the message. That way you can know immediately to abort mission and try again when you're going on a flower hunt. It would be massively helpful and appreciated.

27 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

QoL? I just need scan time on plants cut in half at least ._.

And 25 Vestan Moss requirement must have been a mistake...

A lower number would be nice but I'd be happy just to get a heads up on mission start that I should abandon and try again. There's nothing more soul sucking than looking for a thing that you don't even know is there. It's not fun, it's why I don't even bother to try kavat dna scanning.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:26 PM, ntyd1s said:

QoL? I just need scan time on plants cut in half at least ._.

And 25 Vestan Moss requirement must have been a mistake...

You already can make it faster by using Simaris's widget which will allow you to complete the scanning quickly cutting the delay in half.

You got a point there and also wanna mention that, for all the other plants you can get a handy count of scans but for this bloody moss you can never exceed 10-12-14 count(with simaris cross matrix widget active). So, its really a pain to complete the targeted requirement for this one along with the complicated visibility which makes you to run around the scanner equipped.

2 hours ago, AhmadIYE said:

You already can make it faster by using Simaris's widget which will allow you to complete the scanning quickly cutting the delay in half.

You got a point there and also wanna mention that, for all the other plants you can get a handy count of scans but for this bloody moss you can never exceed 10-12-14 count(with simaris cross matrix widget active). So, its really a pain to complete the targeted requirement for this one along with the complicated visibility which makes you to run around the scanner equipped.

For the record, I have been using all synthesis widgets and still feel very inconvenient to have to stand around for a minute to collect bunch of plant samples, especially in a squad who might think I was afk -.- If the scan just work on one click, I would be able to spot-and-scan on the move.

Vestan Moss visibility is not a big issue since they are ALWAYS in certain locations in specific tiles though there are only 1 or 2 per tile, I usually get 25 after scanning 2 missions thoroughly and that involves too many standing still for comfort.

17 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

For the record, I have been using all synthesis widgets and still feel very inconvenient to have to stand around for a minute to collect bunch of plant samples, especially in a squad who might think I was afk -.- If the scan just work on one click, I would be able to spot-and-scan on the move.

I agree on that last line w/o any second thought. With the widget active it should be one click scan removing any time delay.

Vestan Moss visibility is not a big issue since they are ALWAYS in certain locations in specific tiles though there are only 1 or 2 per tile, I usually get 25 after scanning 2 missions thoroughly and that involves too many standing still for comfort.

I know they are in a fixed location and so are the other plants but I somehow failed to make the point clear that its still less in count and you gotta repeat missions to get the apothic ready. 2-3 missions for 1 apothic which does sound bit unusual along with your mentioned time delay issue. I could also point on earth plants for their rarity and their day-night variants but they are lesser in count for apothic crafting requirement and 1 mission may be enough for filling up the requirement for 1 apothic of those plants.

Edited by AhmadIYE

On 28/08/2016 at 3:54 PM, AhmadIYE said:

Good Suggestion.

Yes and no.

We can't have EVERY mission alerting us of EVERY thing that can be on that mission, especially if DE continues this trend of "secondary things to do in missions".

The only way plants will not appear is because the mission bugged out, and not because the mission has placed none, so if you are just going on plant hunts, first of all you should be doing it SOLO, because you will just annoy a team if you join then quite because you did not find your precious plants, and if the "usual spots" don't contain them, you know it's bugged, so just restart.

I've already done over 50 plant "runs" and I have ALWAYS had plants, and it's been reported already that some people have had consistently blank areas. It has to be a bug.

It takes TWO minutes to realize there might be no plants on the map and to restart. What exactly is the problem here again? You are not sent on a 1 hour mission to discover no plants on the end tile. How much hand holding do we need exactly?

Also, it takes an hour tops to scan everything, and it's done. Over. You have Titania, and never have to scan again. Who the heck would call that "soul sucking"? Too much drama.

Edited by DSpite

58 minutes ago, DSpite said:

Yes and no.

We can't have EVERY mission alerting us of EVERY thing that can be on that mission, especially if DE continues this trend of "secondary things to do in missions".

The only way plants will not appear is because the mission bugged out, and not because the mission has placed none, so if you are just going on plant hunts, first of all you should be doing it SOLO, because you will just annoy a team if you join then quite because you did not find your precious plants, and if the "usual spots" don't contain them, you know it's bugged, so just restart.

I've already done over 50 plant "runs" and I have ALWAYS had plants, and it's been reported already that some people have had consistently blank areas. It has to be a bug.

It takes TWO minutes to realize there might be no plants on the map and to restart. What exactly is the problem here again? You are not sent on a 1 hour mission to discover no plants on the end tile. How much hand holding do we need exactly?

Also, it takes an hour tops to scan everything, and it's done. Over. You have Titania, and never have to scan again. Who the heck would call that "soul sucking"? Too much drama.

Not every suggestion has to see the day light of reality and OP has come up with a short but good opinion here. Everything has its positive and negative side, this game has shown a very dark side with SOTR broken update schemes and therefore people are forced to come up with ides to overcome the situation. So, its rather the game material having the issue here. Its so natural for plants to show up on their selective nodes but bugs have also become so spread out that people are mistaking a bug for spawn issue and I appreciated because its just a mere notice which will help people and people often rage quit on their own will so many times.

Even after Titania, the scanning remains for the Aura farming unless DE wants to remove the new auras from game right afte5r releasing them.

Edited by AhmadIYE

Just now, AhmadIYE said:

Not every suggestion has to see the day light of reality and OP has come up with a short but good opinion here. Everything has its positive and negative side, this game has shown a very dark side with SOTR broken update schemes and therefore people are forced to come up with ides to overcome the situation. So, its rather the game material having the issue here. Its so natural for plants to show up on their selective nodes but bugs have also become so spread out that people are mistaking a bug for spawn issue and I appreciated because its just a mere notice which will help people and people often rage quit on their own will so many times.

I don't disagree. But the way the OP presented the argument has no merit.

It simply shows a lack of total patience over something just out for a week or so. It takes one hour to get Titania. With bugs - if you know it was bugging out and pressed forward at your own peril anyway - it might take two if you use common sense, go solo, and jump in out of mission as needed.

"Occasionally the flowers will not spawn at all" - what does occasinally mean? 50% of the time? It takes AT MOST 4 runs to get all the scans of ONE plant, which means he had to at most do TWO extra runs on one plant if the map did not have it, and you figure out "no plants" within 2 minutes of being on the map.

"frustrating having gone through a mission only to find out the flowers didn't even spawn" : You mean "frustrating" for 2 whole minutes? Before quitting the mission and restarting? Really?

"it's a wild goose chase that has on every turn encouraged me to not play warframe. It's soul sucking" : Tell me how "wild goose chase" and "soul sucking" is NOT exaggerating and blowing the problem out of all proportions, making someone not play an ENTIRE GAME full of other things to do because it took him more then 1 hour to get a BRAND NEW Frame.

9 minutes ago, DSpite said:

I don't disagree. But the way the OP presented the argument has no merit.

It simply shows a lack of total patience over something just out for a week or so. It takes one hour to get Titania. With bugs - if you know it was bugging out and pressed forward at your own peril anyway - it might take two if you use common sense, go solo, and jump in out of mission as needed.

"Occasionally the flowers will not spawn at all" - what does occasinally mean? 50% of the time? It takes AT MOST 4 runs to get all the scans of ONE plant, which means he had to at most do TWO extra runs on one plant if the map did not have it, and you figure out "no plants" within 2 minutes of being on the map.

"frustrating having gone through a mission only to find out the flowers didn't even spawn" : You mean "frustrating" for 2 whole minutes? Before quitting the mission and restarting? Really?

"it's a wild goose chase that has on every turn encouraged me to not play warframe. It's soul sucking" : Tell me how "wild goose chase" and "soul sucking" is NOT exaggerating and blowing the problem out of all proportions, making someone not play an ENTIRE GAME full of other things to do because it took him more then 1 hour to get a BRAND NEW Frame.

Man are you an analyst of some type doing job in a consultancy firm or love Business Statistics so much :D (kidding)

Sometimes you gotta ignore all the negative off factor things a side to consider the positive things alone and thats what I did with the OP, besides most of the people faced the same problem which DE officially declared and solved later on at that time. As new auras are staying so are plant scanning for their acquisition.

Simply a mere idea of solution is better than breaking out massively.