Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Newb Perspective

Shadow

Hello there! Call me Pale. So far I have been playing this game for two weeks and am now on the cusp of Master Rank 5. I figured I'd give the forums a visit and say hello, give a few anecdotes. I know I've barely scratched the surface of this game but I thought I'd come here and give some tales from a newbie.

My friend Telluric got me into this, a rank 22 and Guide. He made me make an account for the third anniversary to get the Dex weapons, which I did on a friend's computer. Ah, about that. The way I play is through a public library, and only recently discovered I could install games when I noticed some little kid playing Minecraft. I tried Warframe. It worked. I told him I could now play and down the rabbit hole we went.

Dex put the game on easy mode for me, as well as my friend's badass ninja skills. When I finally had to switch to my starting equipment as we got to Mars I suddenly found the challenge in the game. I like the mass of weapons avaiable and how I'm rewarded for switching it up. I have yet to Forma anything even though I have maxed a few weapons, and I was playing before the Endo system was implemented so I am grateful for that. Fusion cores seemed horribly inefficient.

I chose Excalibur to start with but hardly used his abilities. I would treat the game as a pure third person shooter with a nice quick-melee until I decided to go one game using abilities as much as I could. It was then I realized I had been playing the game all wrong. I became a badass ninja clearing rooms with ease. I would almost keep up with my friend in kills. In the few times I've been in a public game I'm always dead last but that just tells me I have a lot to learn. I just maxed out Valkyr as well and am working on getting a Nekros. I realized getting new Warframes would have been immensely difficult without his help.

I've completed the Second Dream quest. That was our first goal, for me to be caught up with him on the story so I could suffer with him in Hell. I am. Can't wait to see what the last two rooms on the Orbiter are. I love the lore. I've never browsed a wiki for a game except the Elder Scrolls but I have for this. Now I'm just trying to catch up to him. Then surpass him.

Now for my three defining moments of the game. First comes the immortal Zanuka. I was hammering at Alad V, Telly was holding off the robot. He died, Lotus told us to extract... but Zanuka was invincible for some reason, taking no damage. Telly screamed to run and started laughing as Zakuna proceeded to hound us all the way to extraction. I had to be revived twice along the way. It actually provided a moment of terror, being chased by something as fast as I was, knowing it was right behind me because Telly was already in the next room and I did not know how to parkour like a champ yet. Pretty fun glitch, would be cool to see in the game.

Next would be my first arch-wing experience. When I finally got to the actual arch-wing sequence I found myself in some sort of nether realm where in one direction I would hit a black wall, the other taking me into empty space. I /unstuck and found myself far away from my friend with no cover at all. And the laser is an instakill. I was hit three times before we made it to cover, thinking  it was bs their main cannons have such pinpoint accuracy that they can target something a small as a humanoid. We finally make it to cover. We get to extraction. The game bugs and we don't complete it. Restart and then it was a cakewalk. Hilarious.

This last one happened yesterday. We were on Uranus, working on unlocking the next junction. Find three caches in a Sabotage. He moaned that he hated this and a few hours later I could see why. Submersible levels suck. But once again a magnificent glitch happened. Once we had 2/3 caches found I became trapped. Not stuck. In my screen I moved everywhere, but the doors would not open even though they had green lights. Telluric came back for me, I went through the now open door, and asked me if I was coming even though I was behind him. Apparently I just stood still in the center of the room. So he told me to just hang out while he looked for the last one. I amused myself with watching his name bob up and down and staring at Valkyr's butt. An hour and a half passed with no joy. He extracted us and for some reason it logged as complete. Was not going to complain.

You may see me around the forums, just wanted to gush and introduce myself to my fellow Tenno. Hope you enjoyed the read.

Edited by PaleWhiteShadow

14086381_1150968248293492_4036682010412361730_o.jpg?oh=538239f0f71e0c78afd80512eb9dc12f&oe=57C4DE9F

Probably the most terrifying event of my life, honestly.

The Zanuka Hunter isn't bad, but this was the Assassination Zanuka, and she operated like Salad was still regulating her shields. I couldn't do a lick of damage to her.

Absolute nightmare.

Hello Pale,

Welcome to the Forums!  

Sounds like you've had a lot of fun so far.  ^.^  Feel free to add me in game and PM me if you have any questions.  

Forums tips;

• Off Topic is the best place to be
  • General Discussion is...well, it's General Discussion.
  • General Feedback is like General Discussions little brother.  Somewhat more productive but not that different. 
  • Check out TennoGen subforums, so you can keep an eye on upcoming items.
  • Excal Prime and his associated weapons are not coming back