Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please understand that....

mandalore93

That actually punishes you.

If you are not leveling something you don't progress anymore. The whole system stops ticking. No more mastery. You get mods and maybe they are better, that is all.

The minute you find a single weaponset and you say 'This is the set of equipment and two frames I'll use' then you are eventually going to cap out permanently. You stop ranking up. If they keep trying to tier content between mastery ranks you'll halt your own ability to obtain new content.

You have to keep aqcuiring new weapons. Collecting each of them and capping them out. This is how you continue. This is how you progress in the way the game introduces to you. So settling for specific stuff and never changing goes against the progression of the game.

If you get a weapon at the maximum level and then sell it does the mastery go away?

I don't think so. Obiously you can't have every weapon in the game at the same time but if you level something up then sell it you can rank up indefinately.

That's a point there, selling a weapon you like which is at max level and buy it back again, (you lose some credits in this but if you got enough it doesn't hurt) you won't lose anything but the levels on it. and you can still have mastery upon leveling it back again. It's repetetive, it gets boring but yeah...

If you get a weapon at the maximum level and then sell it does the mastery go away?

I don't think so. Obiously you can't have every weapon in the game at the same time but if you level something up then sell it you can rank up indefinately.

You are ignoring what my post was in response to.

He said that it makes more sense to pick specific equipment to fill your slots and then just stick to that and have that be the end of it. My argument was simply that doing so abandons the progression system.

You could, certainly, simply sell and re-obtain the same set of weapons over and over. But that would be extremely tedious. That is like a grind death sentence. Only players who like to grind for the sake of grind could make it through that.

Edited by Blatantfool

That's a point there, selling a weapon you like which is at max level and buy it back again, (you lose some credits in this but if you got enough it doesn't hurt) you won't lose anything but the levels on it. and you can still have mastery upon leveling it back again. It's repetetive, it gets boring but yeah...

You'd ramp up the grind so much that you'd probably burn out on the game.

Then i'm sorry for my mistake, i was misinformed by that then, Then i was right in the beginning hehe. But maybe i edited it to late for you, that thread i linked, isn't that the progression you're looking for?

To be perfectly honest, I'm just playing devils advocate. You had a point and I'm trying to present the situation from another angle. The way that I'm seeing it basically.

Edit: The game might actually be better if 'Mastery' was awarded for completing levels for the first time each day and such.

Edited by Blatantfool

You'd ramp up the grind so much that you'd probably burn out on the game.

Yeah it's not a good way of doing but hey, it IS a way of doing and stick with your current weapon set. It needs improving and i'm sure they know it and i'm sure they'll improve it, in Beta's you just gotta feedback alot and have alot of patience.

Yeah it's not a good way of doing but hey, it IS a way of doing and stick with your current weapon set. It needs improving and i'm sure they know it and i'm sure they'll improve it, in Beta's you just gotta feedback alot and have alot of patience.

I think ultimately the answer is to get rid of the link between ranking items and actually ranking your account. Then the problem is gone.

I think ultimately the answer is to get rid of the link between ranking items and actually ranking your account. Then the problem is gone.

Nobody would like that including me because then there's no point in customizing your weaponry. and that's the fun aspect of this game really in my opinion.

i think they should add new ways to gain tenno rank. i made a suggestion to make mission challenges gain rank or add new challenge modes that specifically do that. this way, your not only grinding weapon ranks.

Nobody would like that including me because then there's no point in customizing your weaponry. and that's the fun aspect of this game really in my opinion.

You misunderstand what I'm talking about.

Items can still rank up, those aren't mastery. They use Affinity. Leave the weapons alone.

However Mastery (Account XP) needs to be independant of it. At least partially. Right now it totally depends on it.

Right now the only way to rank your account is to rank weapons and Warframes. This is extremely slow and requires you always be obtaining fresh weapons. If you ever stop obtaining fresh weapons you'll stop gaining mastery.

Weapons and Frames ranking is perfectly cool, but since it is the only way to gain Mastery to level your account it creates the situation I've been talking about the whole thread.

Edited by Blatantfool

i think they should add new ways to gain tenno rank. i made a suggestion to make mission challenges gain rank or add new challenge modes that specifically do that. this way, your not only grinding weapon ranks.

That is a good suggestion.

I also think the first time you clear a mission each day should give you some Mastery. This will also encourage people to play many of the levels they totally ignore again because playing a lot of them at least once a day will help speed up their ranking.

Between that, gaining mastery through mission challenges AND the existing mastery for ranking items you'll smooth out the problem I've been talking about.

Edited by Blatantfool

IMO more warframe slots would be really nice as those you would most likely keep around after capping them at 30.

Currently with the limited weapon selection there is it's easy to get a set of weapons you want to keep and still have spare slots to cycle things through to either try them out or just rank something up for mastery saving your capped weapons for speed farming or such.

I mean really is there a point to keeping a lv 30 Mk1 Braton when you have a lv 30 Braton? Is there a point to keeping a lv 30 Strun and Boar when you have a lv 30 Hek? List really goes on like this. Well some people have their reasons for doing so however its their choice and they choose to buy the slots to do it. You CAN still progress just as far as they do in mastery levels without buying slots. You simply cannot have as much gear lying around ready to use as they can.

IMO more warframe slots would be really nice as those you would most likely keep around after capping them at 30.

Currently with the limited weapon selection there is it's easy to get a set of weapons you want to keep and still have spare slots to cycle things through to either try them out or just rank something up for mastery saving your capped weapons for speed farming or such.

I mean really is there a point to keeping a lv 30 Mk1 Braton when you have a lv 30 Braton? Is there a point to keeping a lv 30 Strun and Boar when you have a lv 30 Hek? List really goes on like this. Well some people have their reasons for doing so however its their choice and they choose to buy the slots to do it. You CAN still progress just as far as they do in mastery levels without buying slots. You simply cannot have as much gear lying around ready to use as they can.

Maybe tenno should be able to carry more guns with them.

And every weapon should have it's own role for different situations.

Some weapons slow enemies down, some stun them. Some weapons for dealing the right kind of elemental damage.

Also some enemies should be more vulnerable to melee than bullets.

This would give more variation to the gameplay since you'd be swapping your weapons depending on the situation.

For the same reason you have different kind of powers for different situations.

Maybe tenno should be able to carry more guns with them.

And every weapon should have it's own role for different situations.

Some weapons slow enemies down, some stun them. Some weapons for dealing the right kind of elemental damage.

Also some enemies should be more vulnerable to melee than bullets.

This would give more variation to the gameplay since you'd be swapping your weapons depending on the situation.

For the same reason you have different kind of powers for different situations.

You can do a majority of that weapon role for situation setup using the mods that are in the game now. When it comes down to actual gun choices its a matter of choosing burst vs dps and what range you want to fight at. Anything else really just comes down to asthetic tastes.

You can do a majority of that weapon role for situation setup using the mods that are in the game now. When it comes down to actual gun choices its a matter of choosing burst vs dps and what range you want to fight at. Anything else really just comes down to asthetic tastes.

The difference between mods just seems so minimal. So maybe different enemies should have better resistances against certain elemental damage types than what they have now.

There is

The difference between mods just seems so minimal. So maybe different enemies should have better resistances against certain elemental damage types than what they have now.

There is already some of this in the game currently.

Most Grineer units will take greatly reduced physical damage unless you specifically hit them in the face or use armor piercing damage. They also don't seem to care at all about fire damage or getting burned.

Infested are weak to bladed weapons and fire damage. And the Ancients are resistant to physical damage unless you hit a weak spot and also pretty much immune to electricity.

That leaves us corpus that really don't seem to have much going for them aside from having more options for shields than the other enemy types which are cut through easy enough with normal attacks or drop even faster with freezing damage. Though I will say the corpus trooper helmets are really annoying. It's like they're the anti grineer. Squishy body, hard head that deflects bullets...