The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Reach on Mios and Atterax

kswong98

Question

7 answers to this question

The whip half of Mios can attack enemies as far as 26.5 meters away with a maxed Primed Reach, but will only Ripline enemies within the 10 meter base range. I'm not sure of the sword half's attack range, so I can't crunch the numbers accurately... But I'd say anything within a presumed 5 meters normally, 12.5 meters with maxed primed Reach would be hurting.

2 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

The whip half of Mios can attack enemies as far as 26.5 meters away with a maxed Primed Reach, but will only Ripline enemies within the 10 meter base range. I'm not sure of the sword half's attack range, so I can't crunch the numbers accurately... But I'd say anything within a presumed 5 meters normally, 12.5 meters with maxed primed Reach would be hurting.

I'm curious as to where you're getting these numbers from.

For reference, a maxed-Primed-Reach Orthos Prime (formerly the melee range king, before Whips had their slide attacks stealth-buffed) has a reach slightly less than 10m. To claim that a simple sword can reach up to 12.5m is ridiculous.

EDIT:

Just tested it out.

- The whip end can indeed reach up to ~25m on the last hit of its pause combo, and only with accurate aiming (since the whip attacks in a straight line, rather than over a wide area).

- Most other whip attacks have a range of ~10m or less (with a few reaching up to ~12m), and even of these, the ones that swing over a wide area (as opposed to attacking in a straight line) are few and far in between.

- The sword barely has a range of 5m with Primed Reach (let alone 12.5m), which is slightly longer than a Longsword.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

I'm curious as to where you're getting these numbers from.

For reference, a maxed-Primed-Reach Orthos Prime (formerly the melee range king, before Whips had their slide attacks stealth-buffed) has a reach slightly less than 10m. To claim that a simple sword can reach up to 12.5m is ridiculous.

EDIT:

Just tested it out.

- The whip end can indeed reach up to ~25m on the last hit of its pause combo, and only with accurate aiming (since the whip attacks in a straight line, rather than over a wide area).

- Most other whip attacks have a range of ~10m or less (with a few reaching up to ~12m), and even of these, the ones that swing over a wide area (as opposed to attacking in a straight line) are few and far in between.

- The sword barely has a range of 5m with Primed Reach (let alone 12.5m), which is slightly longer than a Longsword.

Well, for the whip section of Mios, it specifically states on the wiki page the whip sections' base range (and coincidentally its' hardlocked Ripline range) is 10 meters. Tack on another 165% for 26.5 meters of attack range (in theory, given what you've said about it.) The 5 meter base blade range was an assumption at best, I've not exactly been using mine recently, and my Primed Reach isn't maxed.

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Well, for the whip section of Mios, it specifically states on the wiki page

The wiki "specifically states" a lot of things. Remember that it's edited by players who might not have done any actual testing, and is by no means official (or, when it comes to specific weapon mechanics, even reliable).

Edited by SortaRandom

47 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

The wiki "specifically states" a lot of things. Remember that it's edited by players who might not have done any actual testing, and is by no means official (or, when it comes to specific weapon mechanics, even reliable).

True... But then, I'm not one for finding the numbers through datamining or what not... I just put together something that looks like it'll work, and mod it 'til it does.