Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is This Thing Gonna Feel Online?

Makeshift

I realize this may have been talked about before but this is a the feedback section and this is my feedback. thats how this works right? so dont go crying about not using search function just because my feedback may be similar to someone elses.

My Comments:

Technically this game is online yes, but it doesnt feel online at all. I've never felt so disconnected from a games community except for maybe D3. and thats because they took out the ability to make rooms from D2.

I don't mean anything against people who like to solo, but i thought this was an mmotps. I mean i realize that actual glitches are top priority and people want more late game content, but making the players feel like they are a part of something is equally important and i dont feel that in this game. Clans is a start but its weak, with limitations, and its not even being used in the traditional sense.

tbh i find myself on the forum more then in the game because thats where the community is at. theres no community in game. nobody types (which i understand). and the game doesnt recognize my mic so thats not an option either. even if it was, pugs dont respond and you cannot meet new people unless you change clans (since clans cant mingle with other clans), which you invest in so much that it seems obvious that they discourage clan hopping.

My questions:

Do the devs recognise this as a concern? are they planning something to improve this? or do they feel that this game is supposed to be a solo game with small multiplayer option? is this on purpose? Cause I'm totally willing to put up with it or wait but only if i know this isnt intended.

I'm sure they're aware of this. Just wait and see what they got cookin for update 9. Or who knows, maybe they'll do a separate early patch to help the current online system.

Either way, it's all about finding a clan that you like and a group of friends that you enjoy playing with.

I found my clan through the forums and we've played together on teamspeak ever since. So the difficulty of finding a group is not that hard.

Sure for the current online players it might not be that great of an experience, but like I said, I'm sure they're aware of it.

Hopefully they got a good surprise for us.

You should change clans...mkay?

i have, 3 times.

A massive region-wide Dojo would be cool. Something similar to The Watchtower or Hall of Doom in DCUO. Make it a hub for mastery tests, leaderboard terminals, it could also be used to display warframes/weapons (maybe even a warframe/weapon testing room), maybe add an 'Alert' room with a star chart showing active alerts. I'm sure the community could come up with some interesting things to implement as well. Nothing that will take away from the clan dojo, but something that supplements and builds upon the community side of the game.

Yes i think so too. i posted it once but in the wrong feedback section.  a region wide dojo that is an alternative to the lobby would be awesome.

Nobody types??? Did you ever try typing? Have you ever clicked on the chat box at the bottom between missions? People are quite talkative. Type more.

yes i have, some times u can get a hi back. in region i get anywhere from completely being ignored to having 5 people answer my question but then gone. in squad/pug noone ever plays more then one mission in a row. after every mission the game either says im disconnected, or everyone leaves. the only time i ever played 2 mission in a row...i was actually afk throughout the second mission because i was typing here on the forums and has assumed that everyone left lol. My newest clan is helpful and or sacastic when i ask questions (which i dont mind). and they say hi occationally. but they are all veterans compared to me and since i am still new to the game I dont have access to the higher levels of play, and since i lack the equipment and understanding of these things i cannot really play with them unless i ask for people to babysit me which im not selfish enough to ask for. also even tho people are in chat noones actually in the dojo which makes me wonder how useful the thing is.

As for the whole clan thing itself i kind of hate it. People are using it to make giant communities because the game designers arent smart enough to do it themselves. it makes me kind of sad. i also hate it that clans cant really intermingle. i mean your supposed to be proud of your clan in most games but how can u do that when your clan will never meet another clan. theres no comparison because once u join a clan its like you just cut urself off from the rest of the world. community wise your clan is your community...ur only community...theres a whole mess of things that i hate about the clan thing but i guess i should stop for now.

The community is in the ingame chat, that's where you meet ppl to teamup for void with public players.

You can also join a clan (I hate clans) which I did but if you're not in one of the uber clans chances are you will hardly ever see any of your clan mates online and end up building their dojo yourself.

I realize this may have been talked about before but this is a the feedback section and this is my feedback. thats how this works right? so dont go crying about not using search function just because my feedback may be similar to someone elses.

My Comments:

Technically this game is online yes, but it doesnt feel online at all. I've never felt so disconnected from a games community except for maybe D3. and thats because they took out the ability to make rooms from D2.

I don't mean anything against people who like to solo, but i thought this was an mmotps. I mean i realize that actual glitches are top priority and people want more late game content, but making the players feel like they are a part of something is equally important and i dont feel that in this game. Clans is a start but its weak, with limitations, and its not even being used in the traditional sense.

tbh i find myself on the forum more then in the game because thats where the community is at. theres no community in game. nobody types (which i understand). and the game doesnt recognize my mic so thats not an option either. even if it was, pugs dont respond and you cannot meet new people unless you change clans (since clans cant mingle with other clans), which you invest in so much that it seems obvious that they discourage clan hopping.

My questions:

Do the devs recognise this as a concern? are they planning something to improve this? or do they feel that this game is supposed to be a solo game with small multiplayer option? is this on purpose? Cause I'm totally willing to put up with it or wait but only if i know this isnt intended.

I agree with you, Community while playing this game is poor while the forums rock.

cvc defence as in they are defending it against eachother or as in both are defending from monsters? cause i think i like both,,,

cvc is obvious but that comes with problems like balancing and stuff

but think of the other type....ever play 2 player puzzle games? like puzzle fighter or 2 player tetris? what if we had 2 clans fighting mobs at the same time. either through kills, time, or maybe even certain pick ups, the enemy team can send like an extra ancient or something at the enemy. maybe points per kill and certain mobs cost more and are worth more...so u could send a bunch of weak mobs as a bonus to the normal wave or a couple strong mobs. basically its still pve so no balancing issues, but you have some control on what your enemy is fighting that way its not quite isolated and the winner is whoever finishes faster, or who ever doesnt die first.