The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Yggdrasil

TheAscendedOne

Appearance:

A sleeveless leather coat and hood are worn over the essential steel of a warframe. Face has beard-like points jutting out of the chin. Branches spiral around his arms.

Concept:

This warframe uses genetically-altered, microscopic seeds to cause wild, spontaneous growth to aid his teammates and defeat his opponents.

Type: Offensive Support

Health: 75(225)

Shields: 75(225)

Shield Regen: 20 per second

Energy: 200(300)

Armor: 50

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Skill One: Entangle (25 energy)

Roots surround your foe. For x seconds, the target foe cannot move (scales on Continuity) and takes y damage per second (scaling on Focus and Continuity).

Skill Two: Bramblethorns (50 energy)

Yggdrasil fills the air with tiny, genetically-alterned bramblethorn seeds that coat the weapons and bullets of himself and his allies, causing them to deal x/x/x/x% additional damage. Scales on Focus. Buff lasts for y seconds, scaling on Continuity. 

Skill Three: Concealing Branches (75 energy)

The area around Yggdrasil becomes covered in branches that conceal himself and any other allies in the radius from enemy eyes, granting them stealth while inside the field. Short duration, but scales on Continuity). Unlike standard stealth, which increases damage by 50%, this does not increase allied damage.

Skill Four: Great Tree (100 energy)

Yggdrasil summons a massive tree a short distance ahead of himself. It blocks all movement (and is large enough to complete prevent movement through bridges). Yggdrasil and his allies can attack the tree, breaking it after it takes x damage (scales on Focus). It will fall in the direction opposite of the source of the damage, dealing massive damage to foes it lands on (which scales on Focus). The tree lasts for z seconds (scaling on Continuity) or until it falls. 

Pros: 

Strong single-target cc that works on bosses.

Ultimate is good for defending locations in Infested missions.

Amazing utility.

Highest energy pool in the game. 

Can increase allied damage output.

Naturally good at gunplay.

Cons:

Low defensive stats make him ill-suited to melee and reduce his scaling with defensive mods.

Requires Focus, Continuity, and Streamline to be truly effective.

Like the idea and how would the stealth work? is like a dome or something, can they move in it.  I'd add something to his 1st, maybe like hitting a certain spot of the roots causes an explosion like Sayrn's poison, making it even more effective from single CC to multi CC which would help with saving energy. Like a fruit or something.  

I dunno...

It sounds like it'd fit in with a normal MMO, but I just can't imagine seeing trees and stuff materialize out of nowhere on Corpus and Grineer ships.

Really doesn't seem to fit in with Warframe.

Roots, concealing branches and trees. Just doesn't seem right.

I dunno...

It sounds like it'd fit in with a normal MMO, but I just can't imagine seeing trees and stuff materialize out of nowhere on Corpus and Grineer ships.

We've been in cryo-stasis for a long time, meaning his powers were very relevant before now he's all that's left of nature.  Plus who doesn't wanna be the world tree.  I know I would love to have one.  just pop a tree and use it to shield the Pod in long Def runs.   I mean look at Loki, his pants resemble a Jester's trousers.

I dunno...

Microscopic seeds that have been genetically altered to grow and die at incredible rates. Doesn't make any less sense than instantly creating ice/freezing targets or mind control. The concept behind Tenno powers is a utilization of technology in a way that often appears to be magic. 

Edited by Lance_Eliot

Microscopic seeds that have been genetically altered to grow and die at incredible rates. Doesn't make any less sense than instantly creating ice/freezing targets or mind control. The concept behind Tenno powers is a utilization of technology in a way that often appears to be magic. 

I never said it made less sense than the other Warframes, although it kinda does.

Frost, for example, uses moisture in the air and can rapidly cool it to create ice. At least, that's the theory of it.

Seeds that have been genetically altered can't simply 'grow'.

Plants need sunlight and water. They also can't grow on metal surfaces without originating from a different area.

Can you really imagine throwing seeds down on a Corpus ship and watching a massive tree spring out of nowhere? I sure as hell can't.

Remember, this isn't me trying to be rude or anything, I'm just expressing my opinions.