Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stutter problem

-Mortis

Question

7 answers to this question

God that's awful. I'm sorry.

When did this start?

Have you tried keeping resource monitor or MSI Afterburner open and checking after it does this? It might be able to help narrow down the issue.

Temps ok?

It could be a lot of things without knowing more info, I've seen faulty sound cards cause similar problems.

If you don't have any strange spikes, like CPU at 100 when it locks like that. The best method is to start eliminating possibilities. Update or roll back drivers, disable non-essential peripherals, disable sound, check page file size, each time seeing if it does it again then moving on.

This game isn't the best in terms of optimization in my experience either. My 6700k 12gig GTX970 will drop under 60fps about once an hour for no reason.

Stuttering like that can quite easily be caused by fragmentation of data. It will be worth trying Warframes own optimization tool.

On the launcher click the little gear wheel button and then Verify and Optimize the cache in that order. It may take some time to complete but it will help elimate delays in fetching data which could be why you are stuttering/freezing.

YjCbTKL.jpg

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova
Typo

7 hours ago, GottoGure said:

Warframe using RAM around 1.1G~1.2G while running try using on all low setting might solve problem

(on technically i don't know how to fix it sometime it happen to me too if i using too much RAM on computer)

Well that just sounds sad. I mean if it's true that WF starts to stutter if its using too much RAM. :/

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

God that's awful. I'm sorry.

When did this start?

Have you tried keeping resource monitor or MSI Afterburner open and checking after it does this? It might be able to help narrow down the issue.

Temps ok?

It could be a lot of things without knowing more info, I've seen faulty sound cards cause similar problems.

If you don't have any strange spikes, like CPU at 100 when it locks like that. The best method is to start eliminating possibilities. Update or roll back drivers, disable non-essential peripherals, disable sound, check page file size, each time seeing if it does it again then moving on.

This game isn't the best in terms of optimization in my experience either. My 6700k 12gig GTX970 will drop under 60fps about once an hour for no reason.

It started when I got my new rig.
I'll run it today with resource monitor and see what I can find.
I know that GPU goes up to 50-55 degrees, I'll find out about CPU later.

Thanks

45 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

Stuttering like that can quite easily be caused by fragmentation of data. It will be worth trying Warframes own optimization tool.

On the launcher click the little gear wheel button and then Verify and Optimize the cache in that order. It may take some time to complete but it will help elimate delays in fetching data which could be why you are stuttering/freezing.

YjCbTKL.jpg

Doing it now, thanks for the suggestion.

Update.

So after:

•  De-Fragmenting SSH/HDD
  • Cleaning Registry
  • Updating GPU drivers
  • Verifying and Optimizing WF Download Cache
  • Setting decent paging file size for both drives

There's no sign of the stutter problem mentioned above, So, great news for me, at least for the given moment unless game starts using too much RAM which is my guess why there is an issue with stuttering.

Thanks to GottoGure, Xzorn and PeachyPurpleNova for suggestions! :)