The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tileset Concept] Orokin Crystal Caverns

Xolot

After so long without posting a Tileset concept, since Event Horizon, I have made up a new one, while this isn't focused to be endgame, it is to be a new place to investigate, with some reports of the pasts and new enemy units (There are some Corpus and Grineer, but there are more than those, its not like the only thing that inhabits our system are Grineer, Corpus and Infested). Here I present the Orokin Crystal Caverns, and maybe Ill be able to add another one that I have been thinking for a while now, but that still needs developing, for now, lets focus on this one, and Ill try to improve as times passes by and I get new ideas

----

Spoiler

U2nWdPe.jpgthe-crystal-cave-287.jpg

Orokin Crystal Caverns

Dark caverns full of huge crystals and neuroptic trees made of the same crystals in the darkest depths of Phobos, where Orokin researchers were testing the use of these experimental crystals not only as part of the creation of a control neural net shaped as crystalized trees, but as a way to control the energy of all living beings, and later, the void energy itself for the development of new weapons. It seems the caverns got abandoned after an incident with a Tenno they were experimenting on went wrong, since that, the crystals seems to be alive somehow. The caverns althought dark, are full of artificial lightsources left by the Orokin long ago.

Enemies in the Caverns

Crystal Spider:

A crystal made spider, it hangs itself from the ceiling in the darkness of the caverns, waiting for a unsuspecting prey to walk under it, to what the spider answers releasing a stream of crystal daggers, if it lands in the terrain due to severe damage, it can jump and bite, causing a new proc on the bitten called crystal blight.

Crystal Hawk:

A huge crystal hawk really similar to those that made nest in the caverns before the Orokin came, attack with swift claw swipes and pecks, also it can throw its crystal feathers as projectiles. Any of those can proc crystal blight.

Crystal Ants:

Abnormally big crystal made ants (a bit smaller than Maggots) that comes in packs, they deal really low damage and can't resist any damage, but they can be very dangerous if left unattended for long, as they have a great chance of inflicting the blight.

Crystal Soldiers:

Ancient Orokin, Grineer and Corpus troops that were trapped and crystalized, later they were reborn as new creatures that now roam these dark caves, they attack with furious swipes and shoot piercing crystals at fast fire rates from their chests and hands. Some of these soldiers resemble far too much to actual warframes, but lacks normal power, they are different in that they can use attacks that release bursts of damaging void energy.

The crystal soldiers are quite similar to Leapers

Tenno Crystal: (In normal conditions it might appear as a additional event to the mission, making it more interesting, but if de wants to add it as a mission boss or something, it works too)

A mission like boss, a Crystal that devoured a Tenno, and obtained not only sentience, but void powers and access to the warframe that the devoured Tenno was the closest to. This Crystal is situated in the deepest part of the Caverns, in a golden building in ruins where the Orokin experimented. It is the cause of the living crystals that plages the Caverns. There is no real way of ending it, as the energy that flows inside transmit itself to another crystal as soon as the actual host one is dead, you can only shut it down for some time and weaken it.

The battle with this special creature is against a huge crystal joined by a link of void energy to a invincible Warframe (That could be an existing one or a new one created by DE), the Crystal is the vulnerable one, and it will use the warframes it had captured during it existence to protect itself from damage. While the Warframes can't be destroyed, damaging the void energy link can render them unable to move for a while.

Traps

Orokin devices:

Similar to what waits ahead on the orokin towers, the Caverns were Orokin territory, and were full of defense mechanism, mainly lasers, pitfalls and so, made to stop any intruder

Trap Crystals:

Living crystals that continuously change colours to attrack preys, and suck all the air around them in a short range, they are easy to spot and to destroy, but getting too close to them can make you fall in a fatal trap is alone, as it will suck the warframe or enemy inside it and start draining it of energy and life, being the only way of being released the destruction of the crystal, be it by ally or enemy attacks.

Prism Crystals:

Usually joined to the Orokin devices, these Prism crystals have a golden aura, and they will redirect in many directions any beam or laser that touches them, causing severe area damage if touched by a orokin laser, or by the beam of a Warframe's weapon. They cannot be broken, as they are protected by that golden aura.

---

Spoiler

569px-Silmeria_VP_Lenneth.jpg

Crystal Blight:

A special type of elemental proc, caused by the power of the void entity that inhabits the cave, once procced, the infected Warframe or enemy unit will start suffering a growing slow, like a ice proc, until 3 seconds later, the unit becomes encased in crystal and completely unable to move for 2 seconds, suffering during those 2 seconds 50% more damage, after the effect wears off, the crystal breaks appart, releasing the trapped unit

Crystal Armor:

The health type of the Crystal creatures

They suffer

+50 damage from impact

-25% from slash and puncture

+75% from blast

-50 from any toxic element and derivates

neutral to the rest

Any opinion on the matter would be apreciated, i would like to know what i'm doing right and what is wrong on my concepts

Edited by Xolot

16 hours ago, Xolot said:

After so long without posting a Tileset concept, since Event Horizon, I have made up a new one, while this isn't focused to be endgame, it is to be a new place to investigate, with some reports of the pasts and new enemy units (There are some Corpus and Grineer, but there are more than those, its not like the only thing that inhabits our system are Grineer, Corpus and Infested). Here I present the Orokin Crystal Caverns, and maybe Ill be able to add another one that I have been thinking for a while now, but that still needs developing, for now, lets focus on this one, and Ill try to improve as times passes by and I get new ideas

----

Reveal hidden contents

U2nWdPe.jpgthe-crystal-cave-287.jpg

Orokin Crystal Caverns

Dark caverns full of huge crystals in the darkest depths of Phobos, where Orokin researchers were testing the use of these experimental crystals as a way to control the energy of all living beings, and later, the void energy itself for the development of new weapons. It seems the caverns got abandoned after an incident with a Tenno they were experimenting on went wrong, since that, the crystals seems to be alive somehow. The caverns althought dark, are full of artificial lightsources left by the Orokin long ago.

Enemies in the Caverns

Crystal Spider:

A crystal made spider, it hangs itself from the ceiling in the darkness of the caverns, waiting for a unsuspecting prey to walk under it, to what the spider answers releasing a stream of crystal daggers, if it lands in the terrain due to severe damage, it can jump and bite, causing a new proc on the bitten called crystal blight.

Crystal Hawk:

A huge crystal hawk really similar to those that made nest in the caverns before the Orokin came, attack with swift claw swipes and pecks, also it can throw its crystal feathers as projectiles. Any of those can proc crystal blight.

Crystal Ants:

Abnormally big crystal made ants (a bit smaller than Maggots) that comes in packs, they deal really low damage and can't resist any damage, but they can be very dangerous if left unattended for long, as they have a great chance of inflicting the blight.

Crystal Soldiers:

Ancient Orokin, Grineer and Corpus troops that were trapped and crystalized, later they were reborn as new creatures that now roam these dark caves, they attack with furious swipes and shoot piercing crystals at fast fire rates from their chests and hands. Some of these soldiers resemble far too much to actual warframes, but lacks normal power, they are different in that they can use attacks that release bursts of damaging void energy.

The crystal soldiers are quite similar to Leapers

Tenno Crystal: (In normal conditions it might appear as a additional event to the mission, making it more interesting, but if de wants to add it as a mission boss or something, it works too)

A mission like boss, a Crystal that devoured a Tenno, and obtained not only sentience, but void powers and access to the warframe that the devoured Tenno was the closest to. This Crystal is situated in the deepest part of the Caverns, in a golden building in ruins where the Orokin experimented. It is the cause of the living crystals that plages the Caverns. There is no real way of ending it, as the energy that flows inside transmit itself to another crystal as soon as the actual host one is dead, you can only shut it down for some time and weaken it.

The battle with this special creature is against a huge crystal joined by a link of void energy to a invincible Warframe (That could be an existing one or a new one created by DE), the Crystal is the vulnerable one, and it will use the warframes it had captured during it existence to protect itself from damage. While the Warframes can't be destroyed, damaging the void energy link can render them unable to move for a while.

Traps

Orokin devices:

Similar to what waits ahead on the orokin towers, the Caverns were Orokin territory, and were full of defense mechanism, mainly lasers, pitfalls and so, made to stop any intruder

Trap Crystals:

Living crystals that continuously change colours to attrack preys, and suck all the air around them in a short range, they are easy to spot and to destroy, but getting too close to them can make you fall in a fatal trap is alone, as it will suck the warframe or enemy inside it and start draining it of energy and life, being the only way of being released the destruction of the crystal, be it by ally or enemy attacks.

Prism Crystals:

Usually joined to the Orokin devices, these Prism crystals have a golden aura, and they will redirect in many directions any beam or laser that touches them, causing severe area damage if touched by a orokin laser, or by the beam of a Warframe's weapon. They cannot be broken, as they are protected by that golden aura.

---

Reveal hidden contents

569px-Silmeria_VP_Lenneth.jpg

Crystal Blight:

A special type of elemental proc, caused by the power of the void entity that inhabits the cave, once procced, the infected Warframe or enemy unit will start suffering a growing slow, like a ice proc, until 3 seconds later, the unit becomes encased in crystal and completely unable to move for 2 seconds, suffering during those 2 seconds 50% more damage, after the effect wears off, the crystal breaks appart, releasing the trapped unit

Crystal Armor:

The health type of the Crystal creatures

They suffer

+50 damage from impact

-25% from slash and puncture

+75% from blast

-50 from any toxic element and derivates

neutral to the rest

Any opinion on the matter would be apreciated, i would like to know what i'm doing right and what is wrong on my concepts

This would be an awesome quest and tileset for the game.  I believe DE would use something like this to answer questions of how the hell the moon got like that in the first place.  I'd love to read up on this in the codex.  Not to mention you introduce a new faction that has its own additonal mods and whatnot and technically they would do this now with Lua already being well established.  However, the whole tenno being devoured thing.  How would this work? lol I'm curious.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

This would be an awesome quest and tileset for the game.  I believe DE would use something like this to answer questions of how the hell the moon got like that in the first place.  I'd love to read up on this in the codex.  Not to mention you introduce a new faction that has its own additonal mods and whatnot and technically they would do this now with Lua already being well established.  However, the whole tenno being devoured thing.  How would this work? lol I'm curious.

You remind me something I forgot to add at the start that relates the crystals and the neural trees that live in the orokin towers and in our liset. I thought about adding mods, specially the one that gives the proc chance of crystal blight, but that is a bit complex and its a work that isn't that good idea to make, not only because if no one sees this concept its lost time I could spend working in another concept, personal matters or improving this one, but that DE would en up making the mods they want, or not making a single new one and just adding common mods as drops.

About the trap crystal, is simple, if a unit touches it, its attracted like if magnetized to the crystal unless the unit goes beyond the range of atraction (1 meter), if it can't, then the crystal becomes invulnerable like if in the rift for a second to allow the unit to get inside it and then the trapped unit is applied a stun, then the crystal becomes targeteable again and covers the unit, next it starts draining energy until the crystal is damaged enough to be broken apart, when the crystal is gone, the stun fades. If the unit manages to escape the range before being swallowed, the crystal will restart and keep changing colours, waiting for a new prey to come closer.

I'm not sure I explained myself good enough, but if you have any doubts ill try to explain it again, better this time