Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different melee weapons block different amounts?

TheLoneNinja

Question

I suppose this makes sense, especially with shields, however is there any table or something that indicates the most blocking weapon? the wiki said Nikana with Saryn's Toxic Lash can exeed 90% damage reduction.  The quote: "

• Damage reduction can exceed 90%, using Nikana / max Power Strength reach ~94% (Lv.105 Ballista)

"

Is this truly possible? And is there anything better than Nikana prime in this case?

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, TheLoneNinja said:

I suppose this makes sense, especially with shields, however is there any table or something that indicates the most blocking weapon? the wiki said Nikana with Saryn's Toxic Lash can exeed 90% damage reduction.  The quote: "

• Damage reduction can exceed 90%, using Nikana / max Power Strength reach ~94% (Lv.105 Ballista)

"

Is this truly possible? And is there anything better than Nikana prime in this case?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Channeling#Parrying

19 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

18 minutes ago, beckettb said:

I read the wiki and am a little unclear. The blocking % bonus from certain weapons, do you need to channel block to achieve this "weapon block bonus" or will a regular block work?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I read the wiki and am a little unclear. The blocking % bonus from certain weapons, do you need to channel block to achieve this "weapon block bonus" or will a regular block work?

Channel block = reflect. You don't take any damage while reflecting at the cost of losing energy in proportion to the amount potential damage. 

The formula for energy loss on reflect is approximately Damage = (50/6)*Energy - 50

Edited by Pythadragon

13 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

Channel block = reflect. You don't take any damage while reflecting at the cost of losing energy in proportion to the amount potential damage. 

The formula for energy loss on reflect is approximately Damage = (50/6)*Energy - 50

But the block % bonus from different weapons applies with regular (non-channeled) blocking?