Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting Saryn

Nega_Nebulus

Question

Hello good people, I'm new in this game and there are alot of stuffs I have to ask:

- in the start I can choose from 3 clases, but in the market I see alot of heroes, are those classes too or just skins?

- I can buy a new ship? costumize it?

- everything purchable with real money can be obtain with ingame cash/farming ? like colours/skins and such

So I want to craft this sayn costum/hero/thingie and I saw that to craft the costum I need several components, components who are made from several matterials... now my wonder is, I farmed most of the matterials but I don't know how to craft the components  and then craft the costum...

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, progamesit said:

Hello good people, I'm new in this game and there are alot of stuffs I have to ask:

- in the start I can choose from 3 clases, but in the market I see alot of heroes, are those classes too or just skins?

- I can buy a new ship? costumize it?

- everything purchable with real money can be obtain with ingame cash/farming ? like colours/skins and such

So I want to craft this sayn costum/hero/thingie and I saw that to craft the costum I need several components, components who are made from several matterials... now my wonder is, I farmed most of the matterials but I don't know how to craft the components  and then craft the costum...

I think this video might help you

I will try to answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

1. Yes all warframes are unique "classes" with a different play style.

2. Yes the ships are purchasable in the market for 150 platinum, or you can buy the blueprint for credits and farm the parts (requires landing craft segment from the dojo (clan base)) These can then be customized using color palates that you have acquired through different giveaways or purchased with plat.

3. No Skins and most color palates must be purchased with plat. 

A small bit on platinum you can buy platinum from warframe at what ever price it may be (you can get discount coupons), but you can also trade with other players who have bought plat. In your dojo you can build trading stations and invite players there after you have made a deal of some form (buy and sell using the trading tab). If you have your heart set on any skins they are achievable with out paying.

Edit

Saryn drops on Kela De Thame the Senda boss.

Edited by (XB1)Me Myselfe And

The warframes are, as you say, similar to classes in other games. You can obtain all of them and switch between them in your ship between missions in any way you prefer. I have every single frame at this point, so there really is no limitation.

You can buy a different LOOK for your ship (or farm the parts if you're really, REALLY patient), but for the vast majority of the game it will be a visual thing only. The different ships have a single ability you can use in a mission, but it's on a ten minute cooldown so you will very rarely be counting on using it.

Most things that can be purchased can also be farmed; however, the majority of cosmetic things (that is, anything that doesn't have an actual effect of some sort) is bought by platinum (real money) only. A long list of helmets are a notable exception.

As for Saryn, you get the blueprints to put her together from the boss on Sedna, a planet pretty far out along the map. The same system counts for most other frames - their blueprints drop from the bosses on the various planets.

Being a new player, getting to Sedna is going to be a long-term project. Saryn is certainly a good frame and worth getting, but obtaining her is going to take a while just to even get to the point where you can start trying to farm her components.

If you're really itching to give her a go, then your best course of action would probably be to buy her from the market for platinum. As was mentioned above, you can either purchase platinum, or trade for it with other players.

Don't be discouraged though, there are 30 different warframes to play with, so chances are there will be something else that catches your eye too while you're on your quest to get Saryn.

Just now, FLSH_BNG said:

Being a new player, getting to Sedna is going to be a long-term project. Saryn is certainly a good frame and worth getting, but obtaining her is going to take a while just to even get to the point where you can start trying to farm her components.

If you're really itching to give her a go, then your best course of action would probably be to buy her from the market for platinum. As was mentioned above, you can either purchase platinum, or trade for it with other players.

Don't be discouraged though, there are 30 different warframes to play with, so chances are there will be something else that catches your eye too while you're on your quest to get Saryn.

I would highly discourage buying a frame from the market just buy the prime version in trading chat and unless the frame is vaulted or brand new you will save some plat.