Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I'm Beginning to Understand Why I Don't Like Carrier That Much. (Personal opinions ahead)

mac10smg--Toa_of_Green

The first thing that you would probably note when viewing this is that...I'm not that fond of Carrier 'meta' or whatever you call it. I've been of this opinion ever since it became a thing back since whenever (don't know if it was update 10 or later), but have never been able to explain to myself...well...why.

I'm serious, I had no arguments against or for it (ones I did come up with were...eh, at best), and just disliked it. But I do think I'm starting to understand why.

And no, it's not because I hate meta.

When I'm not playing Warframe, I am doing the usual 'play different games' thing, but it only really started to dawn on me how much of an FPS junkie I am. Out of all my games, only 10 are strictly...NOT First-Person shooters. Heck, my favorite game of all time is Half-Life 2.

So...you may be asking what this has to do with anything. Well, let's just say it has to do with my preferences in games.

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for scavenging. I just love searching for little ammo packs in the environment or finding hidden nook and crannies to get vital supplies or a cool Easter egg; which translates well into my love for FPS games, where they're rampant with the stuff. I especially like the scavenging in older games like Doom or Wolfenstein.

So, in that case, you could say I'm an explorer, looking for excuses to wander off and go do my own thing. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I love the Cache sabotage missions in Warframe so much...

Now, this ties into the whole 'Warframe is a fast-paced blah blah blah' argument when it comes to carrier. Now, I speak for no-one but myself when I say this, but that's just not the kind of player I am. I like taking my time, I like searching around everywhere for goodies, because I just like scavenging and not rushing past everything just to finish a level. So, in a sense, I don't use Carrier because, well, I don't want or (more importantly) need it.

I guess that means I don't like it not for what it does, but for what it does for me. If carrier just swoops down and collects everything without my own input, I admittedly kinda feel...empty. Sure, I may use it every once in a while if I'm playing survival or something like that (and if you think of using that as an argument against this, then just know I don't like endless missions anyhow, so they don't count), but that's really it. My exploritative side just itches every time I use carrier, and in the end I just end up switching back to my god 'ol Wyrm Prime and not touch Carrier for a good while.

Plus, a lot of those games don't have vacuum capabilities, so I guess I'm also just used to picking up things normally, but that's besides the point.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't like carrier for a very peculiar and rather...odd...reason. Kinda makes me wonder why I posted this here rather than on the wiki or something.

Well, it's like everything else I have an opinion on, I suppose...

(also why this is off-topic...)

I played without carrier. Everything was normal. Then got carrier. Realized that now picking up loot is really easy. Then used a Kavat and I got the feeling that I am a peasant. Collecting every single item... thats a pain in the &#! after being a carrier user for too long