The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lighting is excessively dark

KesslerCOIL

I've come back to warframe after being away for a couple of months and needless to say it looks completely different to me.  
Dark levels are dramatically darker and I have yet to come across a bright level like I used to, most levels honestly leave me feeling like I wasted money on my GPU because I cant see the details anymore due to either Fog covering everything or there being a lack of reasonable lighting.  
I've tried what others have suggested(below) and none of it seems to be fixing it, so I can only assume that changes were made to tilesets and lighting to make them way darker.  
The examples below are the best case for me, I've had worse tilesets that were near impossible to see in, with nothing but black and a few glowy bits on screen.  

Adaptive exposure and Color correction off  
Color correction off Adaptive Exposure on  
Adaptive exposure and Color correction on, Brightness up(70% of slider)  
Adaptive exposure and Color correction on, Brightness slightly above default

5 minutes ago, Orbixal said:

Tried turning up your brightness?

I've tried adjusting my brightness a ton, it just makes me lose even more detail and everything grey.

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Thats the point, infested tilesets are now more darker and scarier

It's not just infested tilesets, i've noticed something similar with Arid tilesets, there is a S#&$ load of "fog" that covers everything and makes it look super dull, the only way to make the tilesets look normal is to channel melee for a second :/

4 minutes ago, KesslerCOIL said:

It's not just infested tilesets, i've noticed something similar with Arid tilesets, there is a S#&$ load of "fog" that covers everything and makes it look super dull, the only way to make the tilesets look normal is to channel melee for a second :/

Yep, that strange fog came with graphics update and i have to change brightness/contrast because some tilesets looks washed out

Just now, Myscho said:

Yep, that strange fog came with graphics update and i have to change brightness/contrast because some tilesets looks washed out

I suppose my argument is that there is a lack of Gamma slider and DE_Steve got a little over excited by his fancy new fog and put a lot of it in every tileset xD

1 minute ago, KesslerCOIL said:

I suppose my argument is that there is a lack of Gamma slider and DE_Steve got a little over excited by his fancy new fog and put a lot of it in every tileset xD

Well, Bloom intesity slider was nice addition, but is still useless anyway

Just now, KesslerCOIL said:

another valid criticism, the first 5th of the bar makes a huge difference, after that it's only a minor increase in bloom

I dont see any different in bloom intensity even is slider on min or max, only change thats work is turn on/off bloom totally