Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera Adventures at Chicago Comic Con

Abenoki

I've been trying to be a photographer lately,  my Social Anxiety and tendency to be a hermit not helping.  I went to Chicago Comic Con and gave it a whirl. This is 1/2 shameless plugging myself but I'm not making money on it so its OK right?  XD 

Help boost my confidence guys come on (or tell me I suck in detail lol) 

raven_by_joshscranton-dafi2yp.jpg

This lovely lady is Gibicosplay 

the_chief__by_joshscranton-dagqnpn.jpg

I'll post more later when I'm not at working slacking. 

My DA

http://joshscranton.deviantart.com/gallery/

Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/josh_scranton/

Edited by Echoa

15 hours ago, Echoa said:

I've been trying to be a photographer lately,  my Social Anxiety and tendency to be a hermit not helping.  I went to Chicago Comic Con and gave it a whirl. This is 1/2 shameless plugging myself but I'm not making money on it so its OK right?  XD 

Help boost my confidence guys come on (or tell me I suck in detail lol) 

raven_by_joshscranton-dafi2yp.jpg

This lovely lady is Gibicosplay 

the_chief__by_joshscranton-dagqnpn.jpg

I'll post more later when I'm not at working slacking. 

My DA

http://joshscranton.deviantart.com/gallery/

Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/josh_scranton/

Very nice photos! Master Chief!!! Was he carrying a battle rifle or magnum? Gorgeous Raven and nice costume, except don't like her lipstick.

My to do list is to attend a comic con. Let's see - there's Stan Lee's Comikaze coming this October. But I'm put off with the insane line and crowd. Comic Con San Diego is just too crazy.

Thank you :] he had a pistol of some sort Im not too familiar with Halo

You should do it anyway even with the crowds, its tons of fun and they have some great merch. Make a day or a weekend out of it.

snapshot of the next one Im working on, doing Frequency Separation to touch up but have to run to work as i slept in too late today x3

snapshot_by_joshscranton-dagtqkh.jpg?1[/im 

That said If anyones interested in learning touchup or wanting a photo touched up Im game for helping out. Im not an expert and Ive just started my photography adventures about 6months ago but I like sharing things Ive learned.

Edited by Echoa

1 hour ago, Echoa said:

Thank you :] he had a pistol of some sort Im not too familiar with Halo

You should do it anyway even with the crowds, its tons of fun and they have some great merch. Make a day or a weekend out of it.

snapshot of the next one Im working on, doing Frequency Separation to touch up but have to run to work as i slept in too late today x3

snapshot_by_joshscranton-dagtqkh.jpg?1[/im 

That said If anyones interested in learning touchup or wanting a photo touched up Im game for helping out. Im not an expert and Ive just started my photography adventures about 6months ago but I like sharing things Ive learned.

That's awesome skills and offering to help with your talent! 

Okay, I'll try to go to Stan Lee's comikaze. It does sound fun maybe bring my nieces. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Not successful with my search. Big Poofy Dress will do. So you mostly "shoot and run"? 

I found this neat Mirage cosplay though.

Mirage-Cosplay-by-Katarinaelf-5.jpg?b245

Kinda was a shoot and run thing yea...was too nervous to talk to too many people it took everything i had to ask if i could take a photo xP Im working on it so next time I wont be as scared to sit and chat. My anxiety in public is really bad, you wouldnt guess when Im at work or a place Im comfortable but get me outta a comfort area i tend to lock up.

Thats one of the best Warframe cosplays Ive seen, they did a really good job :D

Edited by Echoa

5 minutes ago, Echoa said:

Kinda was a shoot and run thing yea...was too nervous to talk to too many people it took everything i had to ask if i could take a photo xP Im working on it so next time I wont be as scared to sit and chat. My anxiety in public is really bad, you wouldnt guess when Im at work or a place Im comfortable but get me outta a comfort area i tend to lock up.

Thats one of the best Warframe cosplays Ive seen, they did a really good job :D

I like that and its alright. Don't get discouraged! Plus I can imagine the con being packed and people in line to get the next photo. So you really can't take too much of their time. And then the awkward moment when she opens her mouth and she sounds like Fran Drescher of the Nanny. Shoot and run would work just fine.