Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Comm Static Possible?

JVargo

I didn't get into Warframe until a couple months before Parkour 2.0, so I hadn't seen what the game was like in the beginning until I watched some old videos on Youtube lastnight. One thing that really caught my attention was how old Lotus transmissions had comm static, which is something that I've always liked in games because it adds some realism and takes me back to some of the sci-fi movies I watched as a kid. I certainly wouldn't ask anyone to redo an entire library of voice files just to add the option, but could some sort of effect be added to the game for this?

11 minutes ago, JVargo said:

One thing that really caught my attention was how old Lotus transmissions had comm static,

There is still "some" occasionally but mostly used for thematic effect (gustrang three approaching).  Perhaps Lotus just switched to a cell carrier that gives full bars across the galaxy?

Joking aside, I'm not opposed to some interesting realism being added, especially since there is no variation in the current transmissions.  It'd be nice to have some randomness while listening to lotus tell us "A large force ahead, It's the grineer", well yeah we know, we're in a grineer mission.

9 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Joking aside, I'm not opposed to some interesting realism being added, especially since there is no variation in the current transmissions.  It'd be nice to have some randomness while listening to lotus tell us "A large force ahead, It's the grineer", well yeah we know, we're in a grineer mission.

Yeah we definitely need something other than "shizzle ma dizzle, here come dat grinizzle"

Best part is when those transmissions start when only one or two enemies are left. Happens way too often.