Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense Reward Screen & Mission End

theasl

A couple points (sorry if someone's brought this up before):

First, there's no way to communicate with your squadmates in the reward screen - so if someone wants that Banshee blueprint or rare mod that the others already have or if half the squad thinks that the chances of surviving another 5 waves is slim, there's no way they can tell the others to switch from the "keep going" side. Having squad chat still enabled during the reward screen would help a lot with coordination there.

Also, unlike other missions, Endless Defense ends right after the screen, with no run to extraction point - this is analogous to an Extermination ending right after you kill the last enemy. Often times, I'm mere feet away from a mod or a resource when the reward screen pops up, ending the mission. All other missions (including Mobile Defense!) have an extraction point, so maybe Endless Defense should too - if there are concerns about players finding it early, maybe lock the door until the players decide to leave (and obviously, there shouldn't be any enemies past there, like the run in or the end of an Exterm mission).

Just my wall-of-text two cents.

Edit: I just thought about it more, and I have to qualify the previous points:

The first really only applies when you're part of a functioning, cooperative team and want to do more runs together. If you're online, with people that don't talk, who cares.

I can see where the second wouldn't work, with the ability of people to leave mid-mission. I never really liked that - I think everyone once in should stay until the end, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by theasl

I honestly don't think allowing text chat during the exit vote is worth it. There's not really enough time to type much unless you're a pro typist. And really closely coordinated teams probably have some kind of voice comm anyways.

As for your second suggestion, it's something that has been annoying me quite a lot as well. How about this: Seen that the "stayers" get a wave countdown timer after the exit vote, how about you allow the "leavers" to remain in the game for the duration of the next wave countdown so they get a chance to grab that mod lying on the ground one foot ahead, and only boot them when the next wave starts.

And if everyone voted to leave unanimously, maybe give them a slightly longer timer than usual to collect the loot, like 20-30 seconds.

Speaking of which, they should also fix the issue where the host chooses to claim the reward and leave, a host migration occurs, and the new host and the rest of the team end up straight in the next wave, without the countdown breather.

Edited by Winterbraid