Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tanky frame

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Hello tenno,

I'm looking for a tank frame that can take incoming damage to health, shield or amour, as i've been getting used to the same frame and wanted to switch it up.

Current tanky frames I own:

> Wukong

> Excaliber (life strike mod)

> Inaros 

> Valkyr

Many advised rhino, but I don't like him so he's neglected, but some have said chroma. 

I want your suggestion and advice, including any build you have and if the frame is worth venturing into sortie.

Please keep in civilized and constructive. Thanks.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo
Forgot 1 frame

41 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

personally, I use night equinox with peaceful provocation augment, it's perfect if you're running against grineer and you wanna use shotguns or melee. once you take a certain about of dmg, your 3rd (which also reduces energy dmg) stats to slow them too. since night can heal, it's pretty easy to get the health back (or life strike). I did this on a sortie 3 survival and I didn't die once. it's not really tanky, more like enemies can't even hit you thing 

you can slow them, reduce their dmg, put them to sleep and also heal yourself. plus her 3rd also allows zenurik passive to work, so you won't have energy problems when you use the passive

Personally her switching forms seems repetitive at most times in a short giving situation.

4 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

If you consider Excalibur a tank then you can consider saryn one as as well.Saryn prime has more health and energy than excal.

Excalibur has EB when using life strike so I don't think saryn is a competitor for him. Also health and energy isn't a problem since they can be increased.

Just now, Pratigious said:

Here's a good chroma build if you ask me:I can run this because I have max energy overflow(Zenurik passive) and weapons with syndicate procs that give me back energy.I also use arcane guardian and arcane grace.

http://goo.gl/omehmn

My gratitude Tenno, I will try this, also what is energy conversion?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

No one mentionded it before, so ... Nova with (primed) flow, quick thinking and zenurik. Slow motion world for everyone and enough energy buffer to not die if something spawn between waves of Molecular Prime. Just keep energy leech eximi at distance. Extra damage helps especially in sorties.

This is where I really think the concept of tank in warframe is so broad.I never tried this,seems fun.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

My gratitude Tenno, I will try this, also what is energy conversion?

A mod acquired from cephalon simaris.You really dont need that much forma and power strength...

The new update made LV 100+ enemies useless.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

No one mentionded it before, so ... Nova with (primed) flow, quick thinking and zenurik. Slow motion world for everyone and enough energy buffer to not die if something spawn between waves of Molecular Prime. Just keep energy leech eximi at distance. Extra damage helps especially in sorties.

1 minute ago, Pratigious said:

This is where I really think the concept of tank in warframe is so broad.I never tried this,seems fun.

CC != Tank. Reducing the enemy's ability to deal damage is an excellent strategy, but that's not what tanking is. A tank is all about basking in the impotent fire of your foes - beating them at their best, as it were.

5 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

CC != Tank. Reducing the enemy's ability to deal damage is an excellent strategy, but that's not what tanking is. A tank is all about basking in the impotent fire of your foes - beating them at their best, as it were.

That's very true which also makes sense from a game developer's perspective .

Edited by Pratigious

28 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Volt would be a good tank. Just make sure u use his augment that gives over-shields and his electric shield. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Thanks i'll try that.

If i may expand on this a bit...the Electric shield blocks all frontal dmg but you can still get hit from stuff on your sides and back. you can now pick up the shield and its a constant drain on your energy over distance traveled, limits you to Secondary weapon or Melee, and it also slows you down.

the way i have my Riot shield Volt P is for efficiency duration and str (to keep my speed in check)and enough range to get it back up to roughly 100% and the augment to his 4 and the Zenurik focus for energy regen (slows the drain to a crawl), if i can remember the build, i will try and make it in builder and post it here.

cast Shield, cast 1 through the shield to over charge it, pick up shield, cast Speed, Snipe enemies with Lex prime, knocking over enemies by running into them with the shield, casting 4 from time to time to get overshields up.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

2 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

True, and that's why I mentioned flow + quick thinking. Nova Prime has 525 energy with standard Flow and 743 with maxed primed. It is over 2k of health pool - seems tanky enough for me :)

Also OP asked about viability in sorties and that's the one I usually use there, even solo.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

If i may expand on this a bit...the Electric shield blocks all frontal dmg but you can still get hit from stuff on your sides and back. you can now pick up the shield and its a constant drain on your energy over distance traveled, limits you to Secondary weapon or Melee, and it also slows you down. the way i have my Riot shield Volt P is for efficiency duration and str (to keep my speed in check)and enough range to get it back up to roughly 100% and the augment to his 4 and the Zenurik focus for energy regen (slows the drain to a crawl). cast Shield, cast 1 through the shield to over charge it, pick up shield, cast Speed, Snipe enemies with Lex prime, knocking over enemies by running into them with the shield, casting 4 from time to time to get overshields up.

Yeah thats why the augment is meant to protect ur back.Scott is experimenting with shield gating.Shield gating would make volt much more viable.

This will make high shield frames more viable instead of always using vitality. 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

True, and that's why I mentioned flow + quick thinking. Nova Prime has 525 energy with standard Flow and 743 with maxed primed. It is over 2k of health pool - seems tanky enough for me :)

Also OP asked about viability in sorties and that's the one I usually use there, even solo.

Also i've mentioned that I'm looking for a tanky frame, not CC based. (See below)

26 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

A tank is all about basking in the impotent fire of your foes - beating them at their best, as it were.

This is a better example of a tank frame defined by. But I consider your views as well.

20 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Yeah thats why the augment is meant to protect ur back.Scott is experimenting with shield gating.Shield gating would make volt much more viable.

This will make high shield frames more viable instead of always using vitality. 

i hope it becomes a thing. it would add another layer of complexity to the game, but make it simpler in the process too...if that makes sense