Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Mag Magnetize Work with Weapons?

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

I know the lanka and miter are great because of the punch through and damage, but I hear people saying that the atomos is the best weapon. It doesn't seem to deal a lot of damage but I've seen 1 mill explosions from it and I have no clue how it does it. I've tested myself and confirmed the rumors that continuous fire weapons are great for Magnetize. I do not however understand how it does it. What makes the atomos charge up the field so quickly, and if continuous fire weapons are the way to go, wouldn't the phage or Amprex be the best? Any help would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

The bubble only explodes if the enemy that you casted Magnetize dies inside the bubble. PT and status help a lot. I use Staticor, because enemies with radiation proc shoot each other and that increases the damage. I saw a video with Mara Detron that was amazing but I cant seem to reproduce that.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I know the lanka and miter are great because of the punch through and damage, but I hear people saying that the atomos is the best weapon. It doesn't seem to deal a lot of damage but I've seen 1 mill explosions from it and I have no clue how it does it. I've tested myself and confirmed the rumors that continuous fire weapons are great for Magnetize. I do not however understand how it does it. What makes the atomos charge up the field so quickly, and if continuous fire weapons are the way to go, wouldn't the phage or Amprex be the best? Any help would be appreciated.

Right after the rework most continous weapons dealt obscene amounts of damage to the bubble and amped its dps and implosion damage to super high levels. Due to their beam splitting nature, both atomos and amprex had an even crazier effect. This was however idenified as a bug and toned down by DE, rendering continuos weapons a lot weaker when combined with magnetize (but still useably strong). For some reason i did not see anybody try it with the phage yet (and havent tried it myself because my phage is not potatoed or formad).

My favorite weapons to use with mag right now are actually AoE DoT weapons like the Torid Due to them being able to Strip armor off of whole grpoups of enenmies inside the bubble while ccing them with blast procs and thus making the full bubble damage go through every enemy passing a choke point (if running 4x CP you may want to go for gas procs for even more crazy damage numbers).

Second favorite are Gas modded Status weapons with good damage and punchthrough (Lanka) and punchthrough Slash Weapons (Miter, Tigris, Drakgoon).

Honorary mention goes to the Dual Toxocyst becasue its fun as heck and can be modded for 100% status chance, while giving you the weapon proc permanently due to the bubble.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

10 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Right after the rework most continous weapons dealt obscene amounts of damage to the bubble and amped its dps and implosion damage to super high levels. Due to their beam splitting nature, both atomos and amprex had an even crazier effect. This was however idenified as a bug and toned down by DE, rendering continuos weapons a lot weaker when combiend with magnetize (but still useably strong). For some reason i did not see anybody try it with the phage yet (and havent tried it myself because my phage is not potatoed or formad).

My favorite weapons to use with mag right now are actually AoE DoT weapons like the Torid Due to them being able to Strip armor off of whole grpoups of enenmies inside the bubble while ccing them with blast procs and thus making the full bubble damage go through every enemy passing a choke point (if running 4x CP you may want to go for gas procs for even more crazy damage numbers).

Second favorite are Gas modded Status weapons with good damage and punchthrough (Lanka) and punchthrough Slash Weapons (Miter, Tigris, Drakgoon).

Honorary mention goes to the Dual Toxocyst becasue its fun as heck and can be modded for 100% status chance, while giving you the weapon proc permanently due to the bubble.

I tried using it in the simulacrum just to understand how it works, but all I got was a whole lot of nothing. I fired my entire clip into the bubble, but all it did was a little damage over time. It also didn't have any explosion.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I tried using it in the simulacrum just to understand how it works, but all I got was a whole lot of nothing. I fired my entire clip into the bubble, but all it did was a little damage over time. It also didn't have any explosion.

Did you spawn more than 1 enemy? it only works if the beams can actually fork out between mutliple enemies inside a single bubble. The bubble always implodes when its duration ends. Also if you overdid it with the enemy level then the armor will at some point cause the whole thing to do nothing.

Also i do not know how strong the beam weapons after the bugfix are since i havent played with that combo after the patch that much...

Edited by CrudShuzKong

24 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Did you spawn more than 1 enemy? it only works if the beams can actually fork out between mutliple enemies inside a single bubble. The bubble always implodes when its duration ends. Also if you overdid it with the enemy level then the armor will at some point cause the whole thing to do nothing.

Also i do not know how strong the beam weapons after the bugfix are since i havent played with that combo after the patch that much...

I had level 110 in the simulacrum and I was using a strong phage build I have. I am not familiar with the simulacrum because I only use it to understand how powers work. This one still eludes me though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I had level 110 in the simulacrum and I was using a strong phage build I have. I am not familiar with the simulacrum because I only use it to understand how powers work. This one still eludes me though.

I actually never used the simulacrum...

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

The bubble only explodes if the enemy that you casted Magnetize dies inside the bubble. PT and status help a lot. I use Staticor, because enemies with radiation proc shoot each other and that increases the damage. I saw a video with Mara Detron that was amazing but I cant seem to reproduce that.

Yeah i completely forgot about the Staticor, that weapon is extremely amazing on mag. Also i know the video you are referring to and i have failed to see those result too...

And yeah i also forgot that the enemy has to die to get the implosion, just rarely happened to me that an enemy survived that long :)

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

That's great, because the staticor is one of my faborite weapons. I tried it out and damn, it wrecked them. Telos akbolto did too.