Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept (Vampyr)

HellStalkerNook

Vampyr - Ancient-melded Vampiric warframe. Stronger abilities require less power in exchange for life energy (health). A lone Warframe who ventured too far into the Dark Sectors and became lost in the infested graveyard, who emulated the Infested, specifically the Anicent Infested himself through adapting to their ways.

Aesthetics - Mysterious and incredibly powerful. Vampyr is the incarnation of the toxic and life-stealing infested that surrounded him while he was in lost in the Dark Sectors. His tongue is rough, hypertonic, and serrated, which is used for impaling and absorbing his victims life force. Vampyr is incredibly fast and has an impressive health pool, but he trades shields and armor in return. (Orokin-Infested Origin)

Passive - Blood Lust - The more health that Vampyr uses will cause him to go into a frenzy called Blood Lust. He will gain crit chance when his health drops below a certain percentage %.

Definitions for Terms:

Blood Impaler: A feature of some of Vampyr's abilities. The Blood Impaler is a blade hidden within Vampyr's arm that is conjured from very rigid blood that is forced into the shape of a sword or spike that he uses to impale his enemies.

Vampiric Shield: The Vampiric Shield is an effect of the ability Hyperassimilation. It grants a temporary shield that absorbs surrounding enemies health to Vampyr and damages them if they attack him directly as well.

BL: Short for Blood-Letting

BR: Short for Bleeding Rain

Abilities:

1st Ability - Anemic Blade - Vampyr uses his serrated tongue to slice open the enemy and absorb their life energy. Damage and Life steal (5% based on health cap- Ex. 200 health total yields 10 health points in life steal) - 25 energy (normal, no life force is required) Also gives a Slash (Bleeding) Proc to the enemy as a status effect.

2nd ability - Hyperassimilation - Vampyr grabs an enemy and consumes their essence into his arm via his blood impaler. This will instantly kill the enemy and send out a shatter of blood that causes damage through a spray of high pressure blood rupture spray that inflicts slash and blast damage and gives a Slash (Bleeding) proc. The enemy you assimilate will increase your power damage and gives you a Vampiric shield (absorbs health and damages surrounding enemies) for a certain amount of time. This effect can be stacked, but only up to about 5x. The math is as follows(5*X=Y) (5*A=C) (5*D=E+Y) (X=Power Damage) (Y=Total Power Damage) (A= Vampiric Shield Duration) (C=Total Duration For Vampiric Shield) (D= Vampiric Shield Power Strength) (E= Total Power Strength Of Vampiric Shield) Specifics for the Vampiric Shield will be updated soon.  - 50 energy (15 energy and 35 health sacrifice)

3rd ability - (Transfusion) For Allies, (Vladimize For Enemies) - Vampyr ingrains blood into an ally or an enemy via the Blood Impaler. The effects are different depending if the target is friend or foe. For an ally, transfusion will allow the squad to take on Vampyr's buffs, and Vampyr to provide health or buffs via Anemic Blade,Hyperassimilation, Blood-Letting, or Bleeding Rain, specifically through his regenerative aura of BR and BL (Ally's health (buffs) will still be increased normally from the AoE Effect of Blood-Letting (Bleeding Rain) itself, but with the addition of regenerating aura. If the target is an enemy, Vampyr will take his tongue and bring them up as he splits them in two with his blood impaler, slowly allowing them to die as they profusely bleed from the anemic effect of his impaler. While the enemy is split open, Vampyr will integrate the blood and gain blood lust temporarily and also increase his critical chance ratio% significantly. This effect can also be stacked x3. Will update for math soon. - 75 energy (30 energy and 45 health)

4th ability - Blood-Letting - AoE Damage, Vampyr draws out his tongue in a swift slash that ruptures enemies, causing them to deflate and bleed to death (if enemies survive, they will receive a Slash (Bleeding) Proc)); massive life steal from enemies that restores 20% of squad health and expands their health caps (increasable with power strength mods and ability level) of only the Squad's health caps. Vampyr will not receive this immediate health bonus and instead will receive a temporary regenerating aura - 2 health points every second (can be increased in effectiveness with power strength mods as well as ability leveling). Standard effect time is 10 seconds (Correlative with power duration mods and as the abilty levels up). 100 energy (50 energy is used, but halves health based on current health points - More efficient if used when Warframe is weakened.) Will Update Math soon*

Alternative 4th Ability - Bleeding Rain - AoE Damage, Vampyr throws an enemy into the air and shoots a large needle of blood into them to make them explode. When they implode, they will rain blood that causes heavy damage and (Bleeding) procs. It will also slow down enemies significantly and cause them to inflict reduced damage from blood loss. Allies will receive crit chance bonuses and also power strength via Bleeding Rain's power. For the incredible power that this brings however, Vampyr will be weakened from the incredible sacrificial requirements and will restore health from a regenerating aura as an after effect, which is 2 hps and a duration of 10 seconds (Can be increased with mods and as the ability levels, as well as Bleeding Rain dam. and duration, slowdown, etc.). 100 energy. (50 energy is used, but halves health based on current health points - More efficient if used when Warframe is weakened.) -     Efficiency will help to decrease health utilized for the ability, however, energy will barely decrease, due to the incredibly low requirement.         Will update math soon*

Base Stats:

Shields - 25=>
Health - 200=>
Armor - 15=>
Speed - 1.2
Power - 80

Max Stats:

Shields - 150=>
Health - 600=>
Armor - 15=>
Speed - 1.2
Power - 120

Entire Body Composition:

8ZwbWnq.jpg

Head, Leg, Arm, and Foot Detailed Composition:

03vxBMk.jpg

Body - Detailed Composition:

WFa0O1c.jpg

^Art is credited to Aliuas. Check her out for more art and creative designs!

https://forums.warframe.com/profile/512772-aliuas/

Thanks. This design is in its infancy at the moment still. I plan on updating it progressively and trying to workaround the kinks. Please offer me any advice or critical analysis that may balance or improve this frame. I heavily based my ideal design and ability ideas around the character Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series as an example, who was from the Soul Reaver Series. I also drew influence from Carnage from The Marvel Universe in some design and ability points. Obviously this sounds like it would be a generic ripoff, but I used their designs to create a new character, Vampyr

soul_reaver_by_jarch1280-d5htoip.jpgcarnage_2_0_by_uncannyknack-d7dyeyq.jpg

Edited by HellStalkerNook
Additional images.

13 hours ago, HellStalkerNook said:

2nd ability - Hypotonic Burst -  A target is forcefully injected with blood, causing them to gain damage and explode damaging other enemies with a radial blood burst and a Blast Proc as a status effect (if the enemy collides or bumps into another enemy before the explosion time point, they will prematurely explode.)  - 50 energy (15 energy and 35 health sacrifice)

Single target Molecular Prime? How does 50 energy (15 energy and 35 health) works?

3rd ability -  High-pressure (changes appearance to floating mass of blood that teleports Vampyr a set distance and damages enemies in his path)- Vampyr charges himself with blood and releases his form to become a jetstream of high pressured blood. He teleports in a path that will damage enemies in his path of using the ability. If any of the enemies are killed as a result of the ability, they will add to Vampyr's armor with their own blood. (Blood Armor effect) - 75 energy (30 energy and 45 health)

Rhino rush with its augment? Same question about cost.

4th ability - Blood-Letting - AoE Damage, (if enemies survive, they will receive a Slash (Bleeding) Proc) massive life steal from enemies that restores 35% (increasable with power strength mods and ability level) of squad's health caps and benefits Vampyr with a temporary regenerating aura - 2 health points every second, which can be increased in effectiveness with power strength mods as well as ability leveling. Standard effect time is 10 seconds, which is correlative with power duration mods and as the abilty levels up. 100 energy (50 energy is used, but halves health based on current health points - More efficient if used when Warframe is weakened.)

2 hp per second is way too low (2hp*10sec=20hp total). Unclear if 35% is heal whole party or just Vampyr. Again question about cost. Also it is bit weird for direct healing power to cost health. Overall very similar to Inaros 4th ability without 'charging' part.

-

Description of abilities lack numbers and clear description of how it works. Overall I would suggest to think on desired playstyle - what do you want this warframe to act in game, how would you play it, what could be its role in group and most important - how would it be fun in a way that is not occupied by another frame.

Art is really good, I like small details and how everything is done in same style.

Main problem with your concept is that life-stealing health tank role is already occupied by Inaros. Not that it should limit you at designing your vision of frame, but there is inevitable analogy. As I understand from ability kit you want more mobile, less CC more punch in face and stack buffs health tank. So try to make abilities work well with this playstyle, add some synergy to powers.

Btw there is really good, somewhat similar concept of parasite frame, maybe you will find some ideas or inspiration there.

Oh, one more.

1 hour ago, (PS4)puritan643 said:

I like the dynamic of using health as energy, giving off some PoE blood mage vibes

You want blood mage, I have some for you. My own concept with frame that draw blood runes with her health to activate powers.

Edited by -MNT-Erlking

3 hours ago, -MNT-Erlking said:

Single target Molecular Prime? How does 50 energy (15 energy and 35 health) works?

Rhino rush with its augment? Same question about cost.

2 hp per second is way too low (2hp*10sec=20hp total). Unclear if 35% is heal whole party or just Vampyr. Again question about cost. Also it is bit weird for direct healing power to cost health. Overall very similar to Inaros 4th ability without 'charging' part.

-

Description of abilities lack numbers and clear description of how it works. Overall I would suggest to think on desired playstyle - what do you want this warframe to act in game, how would you play it, what could be its role in group and most important - how would it be fun in a way that is not occupied by another frame.

Art is really good, I like small details and how everything is done in same style.

Main problem with your concept is that life-stealing health tank role is already occupied by Inaros. Not that it should limit you at designing your vision of frame, but there is inevitable analogy. As I understand from ability kit you want more mobile, less CC more punch in face and stack buffs health tank. So try to make abilities work well with this playstyle, add some synergy to powers.

Btw there is really good, somewhat similar concept of parasite frame, maybe you will find some ideas or inspiration there.

Oh, one more.

You want blood mage, I have some for you. My own concept with frame that draw blood runes with her health to activate powers.

Thank you friend. I'll think about what you have told me. Otherwise, some of the points you brought have been answered within my descriptions. I'll work on the math for Vampyr's ultimate, but his regenerating aura is improved via leveling, power mods, and duration mods. The immediate health that is regenerated with the ultimate is given to the other squad members, not Vampyr directly. That is why the regenerating aura was incorporated as an individual buff. I understand that it is relative to Inaro's 4th, so I'll work on the schematics of the ability as well. The 2nd ability is relative as well. I'll work on a new concept for that one and hopefully I can come up with a more interesting ability that doesn't replicate a current Warframe. Again, thank you so much for your criticism -MNT-. (:

5 minutes ago, Aliuas said:

Nice, im glad you re-vamped this concept (hehheh get it)

If you need an art update you can always ask, the arts kinda out of date plus ive gotten alot better (if you want i can show some of my more recent art im working on in a pm)

And yes Aliusa! :D I'm sorry, I've been very busy recently and this design is outdated. This was made before Inaros, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll def PM you in due time. I would love a colored concept to see how the designs contrasts with the Warframe (: Thank you!